Panasonic Introduces New P2HD Camera Recorder AG-HPX600EJ
COMPACT, WITH EXCELLENT EXPANDABILITY AND A FUTURE-PROOF UPGRADABILITY INCLUDING AVC-ULTRA RECORDING
BRACKNELL, UK. 30 AUGUST 2012
Panasonic Corporation will release the AG-HPX600EJ, a new P2HD camera recorder in September 2012.
AG-HPX600EJ combines high cost-performance, easy operation, expandable functions, and a future proof design to meet needs in a wide range of uses, from image production to broadcasting. A 2/3-type shoulder-type model accommodates a variety of interchangeable lenses. Its compact body also provides superb mobility with the industry’s lowest weight*1 of approximately 2.8 kg (6.2 lb) for the main unit. Its newly developed MOS sensor attains high F12 sensitivity at 59.94Hz or F13 at 50Hz, and low noise with an S/N of 59 dB (standard). Multi HD/SD codecs, AVC-Intra100/50, DVCPRO HD, DVCPRO50, DVCPRO and DV, are included. In addition to these basic specifications, a wide range of functions are available as options, such as networking functions and a Variable Frame Rate (VFR). This enables low-cost system support for numerous and diverse applications. It also supports new P2HD technologies such as the AVC-ULTRA codec and microP2 card.*2
The AG-HPX600EJ will be available in September, 2012 at the suggested price of €13,800 RRP (excluding VAT).
The AG-HPX600EJ will be exhibited at the International Broadcasting Convention “IBC2012” to be held at the RAI Centre in Amsterdam, Netherlands from Friday 7th to Tuesday 11th September.
*1: As a 2/3-type shoulder-type HD camera recorder (as of August 2012) *2: Scheduled for future release as a paid upgrade.
Main Features of AG-HPX600EJ
The Lightest 2/3-type Shoulder-type Model
The AG-HPX600EJ is the lightest* in its class at approximately 2.8kg (6.2 lb) for the main unit. This compact body provides superb mobility. It is also designed with excellent forward visibility. The 2/3-type bayonet mount interchangeable lens system lets a camera crew choose from a variety of 2/3-type lenses for broadcasting and other professional uses from third-party manufacturers.
* As a 2/3-type shoulder-type HD camera recorder (as of August 2012)
New, High-Sensitivity F12 (at 59.94Hz) / F13 (at 50Hz) MOS sensor
A newly developed 2/3-type MOS sensor offers levels of F12 sensitivity at 59.94Hz and F13 sensitivity at 50Hz and low noise with an S/N of 59 dB (standard) that surpass many 2/3-type 3CCD cameras. High-speed scanning minimises skewing distortion. With high-quality image processor, the AG-HPX600EJ features the following versatile image settings.
– CAC (Chromatic Aberration Compensation): When using a CAC compatible lens, the small amount of circumjacent chromatic aberration (circumjacent blur) that is not corrected by the lens is compensated by this process.
– DRS (Dynamic Range Stretch): Suppresses blocked shadows and blown highlights to achieve a visually wide dynamic range.
*The DRS function does not operate in 1080/25p, 1080/24p or 1080/30p mode.
– Advanced Flash Band Compensation (FBC): High-precision flash band detection and compensation.
– Gamma: Select from 7-mode (HD NORM / LOW / SD NORM / HIGH / B. PRESS / CONE-LIKE D / CINE-LIKE V) gamma curves.
– Digital Image Settings: H Detail, V Detail, Detail Coring, Skin Tone Detail, Chroma Level, Chroma Phase, Color Temperature, Master Pedestal, Knee (LOW / MID / HIGH), Matrix (NORM1 / NORM2 / FLOU / CONE-LIKE).
HD / SD Multi-Format and Multi-Codec Recording
The AG-HPX600EJ supports multi HD / SD codec including 1920×1080 10-bit 4:2:2 AVC-Intra100 and 60Hz*/50Hz switchable for worldwide use. When installing an optional HD / SD SDI input board (AG-YA600G), it also can be used as a portable recorder.
<Recording Format and Input Signal>
60Hz: 1080/60i, 24pN, 30pN, 720/60p, 24pN, 30pN*
60Hz: 1080/60i, 24p, 24pA, 30p, 720/60p, 24p, 30p*
60Hz: 480/60i, 30p, 24p, 24pA*
*24p=23.98p, 30p=29.97p and 60i=59.94i
Expandability and Upgradability
The AG-HPX600EJ has a variety of options which a camera crew can select as they need. This enables low-cost system support for numerous and diverse applications.
– High-Resolution Proxy Video Supported (with the optional AG-YDX600G Video Encoder Board): With this option, the AG-HPX600EJ records proxy files onto SD/SDHC memory cards or onto P2 cards.* It supports high-quality video (Quick Time/H.264) and audio formats at a low bit rate. High-quality proxy files can be used for breaking news and other scenarios that would benefit from proxy workflows. Moreover, it streamlines the production workflow by allowing the editor to review the content details during offline editing. The AG-YDX600G will be available in September, 2012 at the suggested price of €1,550 (excluding VAT).
*Proxy data cannot be recorded when using the Loop Rec or Interval Rec function. Proxy data is low-resolution video and audio data with time code, metadata, and other management data in a file format. Use of DCF Technologies under license from Multi-Format, Inc.
– Streaming with a Wireless or Wired LAN (with the optional AG-SFU601G Upgrade Software Key and AJ-WM30E Wireless Module): These options enable use of a wireless or wired (Ethernet) LAN. Proxy files* can be streamed or viewed via a standard web browser on a PC/Mac, tablet, or smartphone. Whilst viewing the streamed files, metadata can be added to the P2 files. Using a PC/Mac also enables a cloud-based workflow by uploading and sharing video data via network. The AG-SFU601G will be available in September, 2012 at the suggested price of €1,400 RRP (excluding VAT).
* The optional AG-YDX600G Video Encoder Board is required to use proxy video.
– Variable Frame Rate Shooting and 24PsF Output (with the optional AG-SFU602G Production Package Upgrade Software Key): In 720p mode, the frame rate can be set in the range of 1 fps-60 fps, and in 1080p mode it can be set to 1 fps-30fps. This allows the use of undercranking and overcranking to create fast-motion and slow-motion effects. Either 24p/30p Native mode or over 60p mode can be selected for recording. In addition, the 24PsF format can be output from SDI OUT for uncompressed data recording. The AG-SFU602G will be available in September, 2012 at suggested price of €930 RRP (excluding VAT).
– AVC-ULTRA upgrade and microP2 Card Compatibility upgrade are also planned as the future upgrade options.
Other New Functions and Features
– SmartUI A New User Interface: This newly designed user interface consists of a LCD and variety of switches. A large number of functions, including Scene File settings, Audio Level settings, Audio IN/OUT selection, Time Code settings, and MON/HDMI Output Video settings, are easy to recognise and can be set with only a few steps each.
– New Color LCD Viewfinder: The newly designed, optional AG-CVF10G Color HD Viewfinder (cost-effective model) and AG-CVF15G Color HD viewfinder (upper grade model) are the 8.76 cm (3.45 inches) color LCD with approximately 920,000-dot resolution and a 16:9 aspect ratio. When opened, it serves as an LCD monitor. The AG-CVF10G (open LCD monitor one way) will be available in September, 2012 at the suggested list price of €2,450 RRP (excluding VAT) and the AG-CVF15 (open LCD monitor two ways) will be available within 2012.
– WFM: Simplified waveform and vectorscope can be displayed.
– 10-pin Remote Terminal: Camera remote operation is enabled with the optional AG-EC4G Extension Remote Control Unit or AJ-RC10G Remote Control Unit.*
*Only functions that are supported by the AG-HPX600EJ can be controlled. Camera Studio System: The optional camera extension system (AG-CA300G Camera Adaptor and AG-BS300E Base Station) support low-cost studio integration.
About Panasonic System Communications Company Europe (PSCEU)
PSCEU is the European branch of Panasonic Systems Communications Company, the global B2B division of Panasonic. PSCEU’s goal is to improve the working lives of business professionals and help their organizations efficiency and performance. We help organizations capture, compute and communicate all sorts of information: image, voice, and textual data. Products include PBX telephone switches, document printers, professional cameras, projectors, large visual displays and rugged mobile PCs. With around 500 staff, engineering design expertise, global project management capability and a large European partner network, PSCEU offers unrivalled capability in its markets.
The new PSCEU is made up of four business divisions:
· Communication Solutions including professional scanners, multifunctional printers, telephony systems and HD video conferencing systems.
· Visual System Solutions including projectors, interactive whiteboards, presentation aids and displays. Panasonic is the European market leader in projectors with 28% revenue share.
· Professional Camera Solutions including professional audio visual, security and industrial medical vision (IMV) technology. Panasonic is one of the top two professional camera vendors in Europe.
· Computer Product Solutions including the Toughbook range of rugged notebooks, Toughpad business tablets and electronic point of sales (EPOS) systems. Panasonic Toughbook is European rugged notebook market leader with 62.9% market share in 2010 (VDC, June 2011).
Panasonic Corporation is a worldwide leader in the development and manufacture of electronic products for a wide range of consumer, business, and industrial needs. Based in Osaka, Japan, the company recorded consolidated net sales of 7.85 trillion yen (€71.4 billion) for the year ended March 31, 2012. The company’s shares are listed on the Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya and New York (NYSE:PC) stock exchanges. For more information on the company and the Panasonic brand, visit the company’s website at http://panasonic.net/