Issue: Global-ICT 2011 Article no.: 7 Topic: The cloud: A call for action for the competitive telecom operator Author: João Moura Title: Presidente executivo da TelComp Organisation: Brazilian Competitive Telecommunications...Read More
Category: Global-ICT 2011
Theme: Cloud power - for industry, commerce, social networking, at home and on the street.
Most major companies already use the cloud - cloud computing, that is - or are planning to do so within the next few years. Although many of these companies expect to increase their spending on services delivered through the cloud, most are seriously concerned about what services they will use the cloud for, the service providers they will use and the risks they will face - the potential loss of control over their own data and operations and especially the security of their data. No one doubts the savings cloud-based services can provide, the efficiencies it can bring or even the ‘green’ benefits to be derived, but CIOs and CTOs the world over are beset by doubts regarding both known risks and imponderable possibilities.
Issue: Global-ICT 2011 Article no.: 10 Topic: Simple is beautiful: How cloud can become beautiful for enterprises Author: Brandon Lee Title: Chief Strategy Officer, NTT Com Asia Organisation: NTT Communications PDF size: 255KB...Read More
Issue: Global-ICT 2011 Article no.: 11 Topic: Broadband mobile satellite systems drive global productivity Author: James Parm Title: CEO Organisation: Stratos Global Corporation PDF size: 328KB About author James J. Parm has...Read More
Issue: Global-ICT 2011 Article no.: 14 Topic: Six ways to optimize the personal cloud for mobile users Author: Amit Chawla Title: CEO Organisation: Funambol PDF size: 1900KB About author Amit Chawla is CEO of Funambol. Mr Chawla...Read More
Issue: Global-ICT 2011 Article no.: 2 Topic: In the wake of the Revolution: Insights on Egypt’s ICT sector Author: H.E. Dr Magued I. Osman Title: Minister Organisation: Ministry of Communications & Information...Read More
Issue: Global-ICT 2011 Article no.: 4 Topic: Innovative applications require high-performance infrastructure Author: Matthias Kurth Title: President Organisation: Federal Network Agency for Electricity, Gas, Telecommunication...Read More
- OmniGlobe Networks Chosen One of Canada’s select “Companies-to-Watch” in the 2008 Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Awards under Press Releases
- VYOM CCX High-Density Universal Gateway under Press Releases
- VASCO strengthens presence in Middle East by signing distribution agreement with Secureway (Dubai) under Press Releases
- Connected Vehicles? Bring your own SIM under Europe II 2014
- GCF activates certification for dual-mode LTE/3G devices under Press Releases
- Finastra and IBM Form Strategic Partnership under Press Releases
- Comarch shares its views on e-Mobility at the “M2M Summit” in Cologne under Press Releases
- Pilgrims stay connected during the Hajj under Press Releases
- Streamlining the delivery of complex, custom solutions under North America 2010
There are no upcoming events at this time.