Issue: India 2011 Article no.: 5 Topic: Service-driven growth, devices, networks and the cloud Author: Justin Chen Title: COO Organisation: Huawei Technologies India Pvt., Ltd PDF size: 248KB About author Justin Chen is the...Read More
Category: India 2011
Theme: 3G comes to India
India’s auctions of 3G spectrum licenses in 2010 marked the start of a new era for India’s approximately 600 million mobile users. The 3G spectrum will give them better Internet access and accelerate the growth of everything from eGovernment to eHealth, eCommerce, telemedicine and much more. Service providers and equipment vendors for businesses and consumers alike will all be hard pressed to keep up with the demand for everything from smartphones to consumer applications, and from infrastructure to billing and network management services. Despite the expected in 3G driven revenues, there are concerns that the prices paid for the spectrum will have the auction winners struggling for years to recuperate their investment. Some industry observers predict there will be a wave of consolidations in the sector as a result.
- OmniGlobe Networks Chosen One of Canada’s select “Companies-to-Watch” in the 2008 Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Awards under Press Releases
- VYOM CCX High-Density Universal Gateway under Press Releases
- VASCO strengthens presence in Middle East by signing distribution agreement with Secureway (Dubai) under Press Releases
- Connected Vehicles? Bring your own SIM under Europe II 2014
- GCF activates certification for dual-mode LTE/3G devices under Press Releases
- Finastra and IBM Form Strategic Partnership under Press Releases
- Comarch shares its views on e-Mobility at the “M2M Summit” in Cologne under Press Releases
- Pilgrims stay connected during the Hajj under Press Releases
- Streamlining the delivery of complex, custom solutions under North America 2010
There are no upcoming events at this time.