New Qumulo Nearline Archive Series Combines Standard Cloud Data Center Form Factors and Qumulo File Fabric for Unprecedented Performance and Economics
Groundbreaking Software Delivers the World’s First Enterprise-Ready and Cloud-Integrated Active Archive File Storage That Gets More Powerful Through Relentless Software Innovation
SEATTLE – June 19, 2018 – Qumulo, Inc., the pioneer and leader in file storage for the cloud era, is redefining archive file storage with the release of the Qumulo Nearline Archive Series. The Nearline Archive Series combines Qumulo® File Fabric (QF2™), the only file storage system designed for cloud-driven businesses, delivered on cloud data center standard hardware. This is the industry’s first scale-out storage solution to deliver nearline performance at archive prices, and the only one that can deliver better and faster performance through continual software innovation.
“The storage industry has been thinking about file archive storage all wrong. By focusing scarce development resources on low-volume, proprietary hardware, storage vendors are holding customers back from the tremendous innovation in the overall market for advanced server components,” said Peter Godman, co-founder and CTO of Qumulo. “Customers end up paying more and getting less, locked into designs that are obsolete the day they ship. Unlocking the power of advanced hardware components to create the world’s fastest and most scalable file system, Qumulo is destroying the myth that custom hardware is required to achieve best-in-class storage performance, scale and economics.”
In today’s cloud-driven era, data not only retains its value over time, it becomes more valuable. Data is at the heart of every business and customers need archived information to be as accessible as the rest of their data. Today’s archive solutions need to mimic the behavior of cloud services, with performance and economics at their core. Qumulo’s Nearline Archive Series is the first scale-out storage solution to use high density 12TB drives and system-on-a-chip to provide unprecedented performance and economics. It is 20-40 percent more efficient in storing data than legacy solutions for large and small files. It’s designed for small footprint, linear scalability, with inherently low power consumption. With every release of Qumulo’s software, new features and capabilities are added, so the solution gets better and faster every day. Features and benefits of the Qumulo Nearline Archive Series include:
- Modern approach to scale. The Qumulo Nearline Archive Series runs QF2, the only file system designed for the scale and performance of the cloud era. QF2 is architected to be simple to install, simple to scale and simple to manage, no matter how many files it supports.
- Instant insight and analytics. QumuloDB’s instant analytics is used by customers to create agile, responsive storage environments, providing real-time visibility into the performance of storage, capacity and usage, all the way to the individual user’s activity.
- Instant access to the data you need: QF2’s modern approach to visibility eliminates time-consuming tree walks. QF2 gives information about the file system in real time, no matter how many files are stored. Administrators can tell immediately which of the archived data is still being accessed and what is dormant.
- Best of breed standard hardware. Advanced, distributed software running on standard hardware is the unchallenged basis of modern low-cost, scalable computing. The future is file storage on standard hardware whether on premises or in the cloud. Qumulo’s reliance on industry-standard hardware architectures is a key benefit for customers looking to maximize their investment in a world of rapid hardware innovation.
- Densest drives on the market. QF2’s Scalable Block Store technology means the Qumulo Nearline Archive is easily able to use the highest density drives available. Today it employs 12TB drives for best density and value.
- Industry’s only cloud-integrated nearline archive storage. QF2, which can run on premises and in the cloud, uses continuous replication to create a data fabric that interconnects every QF2 cluster, whether it’s all-flash, high-performance hybrid SSD/HDD, nearline archive or running on EC2 instances in AWS.
About Qumulo, Inc.
Qumulo, Inc. is the pioneer and leader in file storage for the cloud era. Qumulo File Fabric (QF2) gives data-intensive businesses the freedom to store, manage and access petabytes of file-based data in the data center and in the cloud at a global scale. Founded in 2012 by the inventors of scale-out NAS, Qumulo serves the modern file storage and management needs of Global 2000 customers. For more information, visit www.qumulo.com.
Qumulo, the Qumulo logo and QF2 are registered trademarks or trademarks of Qumulo, Inc. All other marks and names herein may be trademarks of other companies. Copyright © 2018. All Rights Reserved.