ADB-5720SX HYBRID DIGITAL TV PLATFORM SHORTLISTED FOR CSI PRODUCT OF THE YEAR AWARD
8th August 2012 – Geneva, Switzerland: Advanced Digital Broadcast (www.adbglobal.com), a leading supplier of advanced solutions for the connected home, announced today that the ADB-5720SX hybrid digital video recorder has been selected as one of the finalists for the renowned CSI Product of the Year Awards in the category of Best Customer Premise Technology. The winners will be announced during the 10th year celebratory awards ceremony to be held at IBC in Amsterdam on Friday, September 7th.
The ADB-5720SX is a powerful triple hybrid digital TV solution that enables Pay-TV operators to seamlessly combine content from three different delivery networks – satellite, IP and terrestrial – on a single platform. Moreover, it embeds innovative features such as ADB Multi-room and the multi-awarded, super-fast and intuitive ADB Carbo™ user interface to make it quicker and easier for viewers to access content. This ability to converge content from traditional cable/satellite, terrestrial and IP networks presents a huge opportunity for the Pay-TV industry.
Key features of the ADB-5720SX include:
- Access to linear broadcast TV delivered via satellite and digital terrestrial television via USB DVB-T dongle.
- The same, consistent ADB Carbo™ user interface on mobile devices which, among other things, enables a subscriber to schedule a recording right from their smartphone or tablet.
- The ability to use a smartphone or tablet as a fully functional WiFi connected remote control which integrates ADB Carbo™ for a familiar user experience. This not only enables subscribers to control the main TV from a companion device but also provides them with direct access to the TV Guide.
- Access to Over-the-Top services using HTML5 – featuring music on demand and video on demand “go” services.
- Access to multi-room with “Follow me” functionality.The ADB-5720SX has already been successfully deployed by leading European operators as part of their multi-room/multi-screen proposition to their subscribers.
ADB (www.adbglobal.com) designs, manufactures and deploys solutions to distribute pay-TV and multimedia services to the connected home, for all types of networks, providing an amazing user experience.
ADB believes in a future where multi-media content will come from multiple sources and seamlessly move between multiple screens and devices, at the user’s preference. The Company’s portfolio includes:
- Ready to deploy pay-TV solutions that deliver a compelling consumer experience, including set-top devices, middleware, software for advanced interactive TV applications, services, and scalable head-ends.
- Broadband access gateways and home networking devices.
- Remote management software.
- Extended life-cycle support, repair and refurbishment services for operators
ADB has delivered over 34 million consumer premise devices to a global customer base. The Company’s innovations and software expertise have been recognized by numerous industry awards.
ADB is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland with Research and Development facilities in Poland, Italy and Ukraine, and Operations division in Taipei, Taiwan. Local representations are established in several countries in Europe, the United States, Latin America, and Asia.
ADB is a member of ADB Group; ADB Group (www.adbholdings.com) is publicly listed on the Swiss Stock Exchange (SIX: ADBN).
Follow us on Twitter: @ADBNews
Visit our blog: blog.adbglobal.com