Catalyst project demonstrations to take place at TM Forum’s Digital Transformation World 2019; Amdocs nominated as finalists for two TM Forum Excellence Awards
May 8, 2019 – At TM Forum’s Digital Transformation World 2019, Amdocs will showcase how it is driving industry innovation in the latest technical advancements including 5G, Artificial Intelligence and Open Networking, to enable the effective and efficient managed digital and network transformation of communications and media companies. The event is taking place in Nice, France from May 14th, in which Amdocs will be presenting and demonstrating on the solutions that will accelerate the industry’s most important growth drivers.
Catalyst: 5G Optimized Capacity & E2E Experience
CSPs plan to offer specialized, Quality of Experience (QoE) differentiated services using 5G Network Slicing technology. Effective roaming support is one of the key features of mobile communication that will be impacted. The 5G Optimized Capacity & E2E Experience catalyst project will focus on the Planning and Optimization of 5G network resources in support of network slice instances. The catalyst will also focus on the management of slices in a roaming scenario across CSP boundaries. Blockchain technology will be explored for use in facilitating inter-CSP Network Slice Fulfilment and Assurance, and SLA enforcement and verification.
Catalyst: Open AI Business Assurance Marketplace – Phase II
Traditional revenue-assurance and fraud-management practices that rely on expertise are not able to support the dynamism and complexity of the modern digital ecosystem, where leakage and fraud could total over 2% of revenue. The Open AI Business Assurance Marketplace – Phase II catalyst demonstrates how digital service providers can apply AI, Machine Learning and API-based revenue assurance and fraud-management implementations to effectively protect the digital business, as well as ensuring trustful, simple and flawless customer and partner experiences.
Amdocs Nominated Finalists for Two TM Forum Excellence Awards
- Finalist for Operational Transformation and Agility Award – for bringing automation and transparency into the B2B sales-to-order process for a tier-1 operator wanting to accelerate enterprise and midmarket growth, despite being held back by its slow, complex, legacy sales-order process. Results included cutting the ordering time in half, significantly reducing order cancellations, creating contracts in mere minutes, reducing the sales-to-finance cycle time, and simplifying and accelerating the creation of mega-proposals.
- Finalist for Outstanding Achievement Award – Amdocs’ CTO Anthony Goonetilleke has been shortlisted for the CTO of the Year Award; an award given to a CTO who has led a significant network transformation which is delivering tangible results. Alongside a multitude of success stories, Anthony was instrumental in the evaluation and acquisition of Amdocs’ key assets including Vubiquity, UXP Systems and projekt202, and defining Amdocs’ vision of an expanded set of company capabilities.
- Open 5G – Achieving the Full Potential of the Digital Network of the Future: This workshop will provide different angles and perspectives on the practical steps for the 5G transformation journey and explore how service providers can open up their networks to their full potential with modular, ecosystem, cloud and standards-based solutions.
- Using Digital Identity to Improve the Customer Experience: This is a session to discuss the strategies that Telecom and Cable operators are embracing to provide digital identity as a strategic service, enabling individualized customer relationships as an anchor to succeed in the digital economy.
- Reach for the Cloud and Let Us Show You How: the Amdocs and AWS Modernization Journey: This session will explore experiences of what it takes to modernize legacy application to run on the public cloud and be cloud native. Learn how to innovate and grow the business faster with the next generation of digital business and operations support systems on the AWS cloud.
Amdocs Speaking Sessions
- Panel discussion – Creating Value and Revenue Streams with 5G: Jin Suk, Head of B2B/ Enterprise Product Marketing, Amdocs (Tuesday, May 14, 11:15-11:50am – Conference Room: Muses 2). Part of the Digital Operator track.
- Expert insight – The Disruptive Impact of 5G-Enabled Enterprise Services: Jin Suk, Head of B2B/ Enterprise Product Marketing, Amdocs (Tuesday, May 14, 12:10-12:30pm – Conference Room: Muses 2). Part of the Digital Operator track.
- Expert insight: The Evolution of ONAP Use Cases: Alla Goldner, Chair, ONAP Use-Case Subcommittee, Linux Foundation, and Director, Technology, Strategy and Standardization, Amdocs (Wednesday, 15th May, 16:25-16:50pm – Conference Room: Muses 3). Part of the Network Transformation track.
- Panel discussion – Smart Investment for OSS/BSS Transformation: Moshe Shimon, Head of Product for OSS and NFV, Amdocs (Wednesday, 15 May, 17:00-17:45pm – Conference Room: Hermes Auditorium). Part of the Cloud Native IT track.