What: ATIS will present a Webinar titled: “Solving the Energy Challenges in Telecom Networks – Energy Efficiency IS Network Efficiency.” During this Webinar, experts will discuss how existing and future solutions will increase myriad network elements’ efficiency. This Webinar is sponsored by Nokia Siemens Networks.
When: Tuesday, December 7, 2010
Time: 11:00 – 12:00 pm ET
Webinar content: Today, one of the most pressing challenges facing Communication Service Providers (CSPs) is balancing investment in established power sources and alternate energy options. In North America, up to one-third of carriers’ energy requirements can be met with existing alternate energy options; this is significant when contrasted with the 15 percent of OpEx budgets which are sometimes allocated for energy. With continued price volatility and uncertainty surrounding available supplies, how can operators manage their carbon footprints and reduce the fastest growing part of their network operating expense?
During this webinar, you will gain insights around:
• Meaningful energy efficiency and expense metrics as well as other measures that you can use to enhance and monitor operations performance.
• Alternate energy technology options and how these impact the network in a sustainable way.
• The partner ecosystem and how it creates a more powerful solution. CSPs seeking an affordable path for managing complex energy technologies can learn from partners who understand how to deliver measurable expense savings with intelligent power management, fuel-cell/wind/water/solar deployment, smart grid supply management and other approaches.
• The value of a holistic energy solution approach. Demand for a range of high-performance, cost-effective energy management practices require that carriers adopt a comprehensive package that combines innovation, technology & expert knowledge.
• A multi-step plan that carriers can use to measurably reduce energy OpEx today.
Featured presenters: Moderator: John Messina, ATIS Sustainability in Telecom: Energy and Protection Committee (STEP) – Telecommunications Energy Efficiency (TEE) Subcommittee Chair, Principle – Network Design Engineer, AT&T Services, Inc. and Speakers: Christopher Radley, Vice President, Product Line Management, Altergy Systems and; Devendra Shukla, Energy Solutions Program Manager, Nokia Siemens Networks
Register: Enroll online at: http://www.atis.org/events/webinars_registration120710.asp
The confirmation page will include all necessary information for joining the Webinar.
ATIS is the leading technical planning and standards development organization committed to the rapid development of global, market-driven standards for the information, entertainment and communications industry. More than 250 companies actively formulate standards in ATIS’ 18 Committees, covering issues including: IPTV, Service Oriented Networks, Home Networking, Energy Efficiency, IP-Based and Wireless Technologies, Quality of Service, Billing and Operational Support. In addition, numerous Incubators, Focus and Exploratory Groups address emerging industry priorities including “Green”, IP Downloadable Security, Next Generation Carrier Interconnect, IPv6 and Convergence.
ATIS is the North American Organizational Partner for the 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP), a member and major U.S. contributor to the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) Radio and Telecommunications’ Sectors, and a member of the Inter-American Telecommunication Commission (CITEL). For more information, please visit www.atis.org.