Mobile Device Manager Plus Supports Screen Recorder and DEP Portal Enhancements
- Admins can remotely view managed device screens and add any iOS device to the DEP portal
- Available in both on-premises and cloud versions
- Download a 30-day, free trial of Mobile Device Manager Plus at http://ow.ly/BUbT30f4Aha
Dubai, UAE — September 15, 2017 — ManageEngine, the real-time IT management company, today announced that their enterprise mobility management solution, Mobile Device Manager Plus, will support the features released with iOS 11 right from day one. This will allow IT admins to take full advantage of the features added in iOS 11, including QR code scanning and enhancements to the Classroom app.
In terms of managing mobile devices, enterprises spend a large amount of time and resources on device onboarding and troubleshooting. While there are various methods available to automate these kinds of device management tasks, there is always room to improve by further reducing the amount of time admins and users have to spend configuring devices. Apple’s latest release of iOS 11, which includes the new screen recorder feature and support for adding any device to the DEP portal, is slated to streamline mobile device management tasks for IT admins. Mobile Device Manager Plus will support the new iOS 11 features right from launch day for both cloud and on-premises users.
“With iOS 11, Apple has released a large number of enhancements that allow us to provide admins with extensive device management capabilities,” said Mathivanan Venkatachalam, director of product management at ManageEngine. “By supporting these features right from day one, we are staying on top of market demands while ensuring enterprises benefit from these enhancements at the earliest.”
Supported iOS 11 Features
Mobile Device Manager Plus will support a number of iOS 11 features, including:
- QR code scanning: Now that the native iOS camera app supports QR code scanning, users can easily enroll their devices in Mobile Device Manager Plus just by scanning a QR code with their smartphone or tablet.
- Additional security for AirPrint: Admins can now prevent users from using iBeacons to automatically detect AirPrint printers.
- Classroom app permissions: Admins can configure Classroom app permissions to automatically allow teachers to take control of students’ devices.
Pricing and Availability
Mobile Device Manager Plus, with these new features, is available immediately in both on-premises and cloud editions. Prices start at $15 per device per year. The free edition of Mobile Device Manager Plus is available on the cloud and on-premises to manage up to 25 devices. In addition, a free, fully functional, 30-day trial version is available for download at mdm.manageengine.com/free-trial.html.
About Mobile Device Manager Plus
Mobile Device Manager Plus is a web-based mobile device management solution that helps manage a wide range of devices from a central location. It automates the complete mobile device management life cycle, from enrolling devices and managing apps, profiles and assets to securing mobile devices. For more information on Mobile Device Manager Plus, please visit www.manageengine.com/mobile-device-management.