Suwanee, GA – May 2, 2011: ARRIS (Nasdaq: ARRS) will demonstrate a wide range of next generation broadband, IP Video, access and transport and wireless solutions at the KCTA Show in Daegu, Korea, May 12-14, 2011.Korea is one of the world’s most sophisticated broadband landscapes and cable operators and ISPs face stiff competition from national telecoms providers as they vie for customers.
The ARRIS booth will highlight:
· Industry-leading converged broadband solutions that harness the power of DOCSIS® 3.0 to deliver more video, voice, high speed data traffic, as well as IPv6 support to subscribers. The ARRIS C4® CMTS and the compact C4c® both can support16D x 4U channel bonding with a software upgrade and allow operators to cost effectively deploy DOCSIS, DSG/ADSG, and PacketCable™ Multimedia services.
· Market-leading ARRIS Touchstone® DOCSIS 3.0 data, wireless, digital voice, and home networking solutions that deliver the converged IP experience within the home.
· HFC solutions with advanced optics that are optimized to add new capacity over existing networks while reducing power, air conditioning and physical footprint needs, as well as digital return solutions that provide robust upstream capacity for short and long links.
· FTTX platforms that will demonstrate RFoG solutions that provide connectivity for Fiber-to-the-Home deployments from existing head end assets, and Gigabit Ethernet over PON (EPON) solutions that add ultra high speed data service for business services.
· Advanced Video Processing solutions that manage multi-format video, including MPEG-4 transcoding with adaptive streaming; 4:1 HD MPEG2 video compression; SDV rate clamping — all resulting in more efficient spectrum utilization, and significant QAM channel cost savings.
· Robust Wi-Fi solutions from Ruckus Wireless® that enable service providers to deliver new revenue-generating services like community Wi-Fi, multimedia hotspots, extended WLAN services outdoors, and 3G data offloading.
Additionally, Todd Kessler, ARRIS VP of Product Management, will speak in the afternoon session on May 13th, giving a talk on “Cable Operators: Approaches to the
ARRIS is a global communications technology company specializing in the design, engineering and supply of technology supporting quad-play broadband services for residential and business customers around the world. The company supplies broadband operators with the tools and platforms they need to deliver carrier-grade telephony, network video processing, whole home video, demand driven video, next-generation advertising, network and workforce management solutions, access and transport architectures and ultra high-speed data services. Headquartered in Suwanee, Georgia, USA, ARRIS has R&D centers in Suwanee; Beaverton, OR; Chicago, IL; Kirkland, WA; State College, PA; Wallingford, CT; Waltham, MA; Cork, Ireland; and Shenzhen, China, and operates support and sales offices throughout the world. Information about ARRIS products and services can be found at www.arrisi.com.
ARRIS Media Relations