ARRIS Showcases the Complete Digital Home at IBC
Suwanee, GA – August 3, 2011: ARRIS Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: ARRS) will bring its Whole Home Solution Media Gateway and Media Player, its Multi-screen On Demand and Advertising solutions and industry-leading family of DOCSIS® 3.0 high density products to IBC in Amsterdam, September 9-13, 2011. Being able to access one’s information and entertainment anywhere, anytime and across multiple screens is an increasingly desired feature for subscribers: delivering such a seamless multi-screen experience helps operators meet and exceed their customers’ evolving demands. ARRIS will demonstrate its capability to address these needs in the new ARRIS “Digital Home” at Booth 1.D41.
Live and interactive virtual demonstrations will show how ARRIS solutions facilitate service provider content and feature distribution by supplying increased capacity and a seamless migration path between legacy service delivery and next-generation IP networks:
· The ARRIS C4® CMTS, with new 32D Annex B/24D Annex A eXtended downstream Cable Access Module (XD CAM) and 24U CAM, which, along with DOCSIS 3.0 Touchstone® CPE in-home voice and data modems can deliver data speeds of up to 400 Mbps downstream and 120 Mbps upstream.
· The Whole Home Solution with the Media Gateway and Media Player, a triple-play device providing High Speed Data and lifeline voice, linear and on-demand video, personal and Internet-generated content to consumer electronics devices and PCs throughout the home.
· Multi-screen video delivery with ConvergeMedia™ Unified Delivery Platform and Linear and Advanced Advertising solutions, based on the latest digital video services so operators can capitalize on new revenue streams at the lowest TCO.
· The VIPr™ 4000 Advanced Video Processing platform, a second-generation video technology that can generate live multi-screen video through adaptive bit rate streaming as well as ATSC and DVB transcoding capabilities.
· ServAssure™ network monitoring and WorkAssure™ remote workforce assurance solutions that simplify the delivery and management of complex services while driving down operational costs.
· Access and transport solutions such as the 1 GHz-capable CHP CORWave™ Dual Density Forward Transmitter, which reduce physical footprint and power consumption, and a portfolio of EPON and RFoG solutions that support the evolution of HFC networks for business data solutions and PON.
· ARRIS Wi-Fi® solutions – a suite of advanced indoor and outdoor wireless solutions providing superior performance for Metro WiFi , hospitality and commercial businesses.
For more information on ARRIS solutions, please visit: http://www.arrisi.com/get/ibc/
ARRIS is a global communications technology company specializing in the design, engineering and supply of technology supporting triple- and quad-play broadband services for residential and business customers around the world. The company supplies broadband operators with the tools and platforms they need to deliver carrier-grade telephony, network video processing, whole home video, demand driven video, next-generation advertising, network and workforce management solutions, access and transport architectures and ultra high-speed data services. Headquartered in Suwanee, Georgia, USA, ARRIS has R&D centers in Suwanee; Beaverton, OR; Chicago, IL; Kirkland, WA; State College, PA; Wallingford, CT; Waltham, MA; Cork, Ireland; and Shenzhen, China, and operates support and sales offices throughout the world. Information about ARRIS products and services can be found at www.arrisi.com.
ARRIS Media Relations