ATIS to Provide Insight Into Network Evolution
at International CTIA WIRELESS® 2012
Today’s Technology Leaders, Tomorrow’s Networks Executive Roundtables to explore network transformation, M2M and cloud computing — and the value innovation will deliver network operators.
WASHINGTON – The Alliance for Telecommunications Industry Solutions (ATIS) is pleased to announce a partnership with CTIA – The Wireless Association® to produce the Today’s Technology Leaders, Tomorrow’s Networks Executive Roundtables at International CTIA WIRELESS® 2012, on May 8, in New Orleans, Louisiana.
This interactive discussion series will deliver the insights of global technology and business leaders with deep experience building and adapting communications networks and understanding their evolutionary path. Speakers will explore the infrastructure and standards required to transform networks into a future in which emerging services such as telepresence and M2M communications are creating new revenue opportunities for network operators.
“The Roundtables will offer high-level insights from the leaders driving the network’s evolution — the experts who best understand the significant revenue-generating opportunities innovation will deliver,” said Susan Miller, president and CEO of ATIS. “They also offer the opportunity to interact directly with the people creating the blueprints for the network’s future.”
Specific topics to be explored include:
- The Services of Tomorrow: Featuring John Donovan, Executive Vice President, AT&T Technology & Network Operations, and Tony Melone, Executive Vice President and CTO for Verizon, this session overviews the opportunities that innovations in sectors such as eHealth and financial services are creating for network operators
- New Engines of the Network: The in-depth technology and standards development efforts required for true network evolution
- Creating the M2M Economy: What’s required to leverage mobile networks and mobile penetration to seize opportunities in machine-to-machine applications across vertical industries
- The Monetization of Cloud Communication Services: How network operators will offer services such as telepresence in a cloud-based ecosystem that makes it easier to deploy and consume them
- Differentiating Today’s Carrier Services: How operators can ensure their value is as visible as possible and leverage that value in new ways to deliver additional billable services
Roundtable speakers on these topics include these experts:
- Kelly Ahuja, Senior Vice President, General Manager, Mobile Internet Technology Group, Cisco
- Matt Bross, Co-President, Vice Chairman & Global CTO, Huawei USA
- Ricky Corker, Head of North America, Nokia Siemens Networks
- John Donovan, Senior Executive Vice President – AT&T Technology & Network Operations, AT&T
- Jeff Edlund, CTO, Communications and Media Solutions Business Unit, Hewlett-Packard
- David Foote, CTO, Hitachi
- Michael Irizarry, Executive Vice President & CTO, U.S. Cellular
- Fred Kemmerer, CTO, GENBAND
- Jeff Meier, Senior Vice President and CIO, Fujitsu
- Tony Melone, Executive Vice President and CTO, Verizon
- Dr. Vish Nandlall, Head of Strategy and Marketing and CTO, Ericsson North America
- Marcus Weldon, Corporate CTO, Alcatel-Lucent
“International CTIA WIRELESS is the show to see the remarkable innovation and technology in wireless, telecom and broadband from the best companies around the world,” said Robert Mesirow, vice president and show director, CTIA. “We are proud to partner with ATIS as this event will bring together industry leaders to discuss forward-thinking strategies to maximize their network and financial potential.”
Register today for the Today’s Technology Leaders, Tomorrow’s Networks Executive Roundtables. The Roundtables are free to International CTIA WIRELESS® 2012 attendees, but advanced registration is required as space is limited.
ATIS is the leading technical planning and standards development organization committed to the rapid development of global, market-driven standards for the information, entertainment and communications industry. More than 200 companies actively formulate standards in ATIS’ Committees, covering issues including: Cloud Services, IPTV, Energy Efficiency, IP-Based and Wireless Technologies, Quality of Service, Billing and Operational Support, Emergency Services, Architectural Platforms and Emerging Networks. In addition, numerous Incubators, Focus and Exploratory Groups address evolving industry priorities including ehealth, cybersecurity, the transition of the PSTN, unified client architecture and machine-to-machine communications.
ATIS is a founding partner for the 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP), a member and major U.S. contributor to the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) Radio and Telecommunications’ Sectors, and a member of the Inter-American Telecommunication Commission (CITEL). ATIS is accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI). For more information, please visit www.atis.org.
ATIS Media Contact
ATIS Manager of Public Relations and Marketing Communications
Office: (202) 434-8851
About CTIA Shows
CTIA Shows bring together all industries advanced by wireless technology for intense business, learning and networking. International CTIA WIRELESS® takes place May 8-10, 2012 at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans, La. CTIA ENTERPRISE & APPLICATIONS™ takes place October 9-11, 2012 at the San Diego Convention Center in San Diego, Calif. Visit www.ctiashows.com.
CTIA–The Wireless Association® is an international organization representing the wireless communications industry. Membership in the association includes wireless carriers and their suppliers, as well as providers and manufacturers of wireless data services and products. CTIA advocates on behalf of its members at all levels of government. The association also coordinates the industry’s voluntary best practices and initiatives, and sponsors the industry’s leading wireless tradeshows. CTIA was founded in 1984 and is based in Washington, DC. Visit www.ctia.org.
CTIA Media Contact
CTIA–The Wireless Association
Office: (202) 736-3207