Avaya Accelerates Mobile Collaboration for Enterprises with Avaya Flare® Communicator for Apple iPad* Tablets
· Avaya launches secure, next-generation mobile collaboration for consumer devices with Apple iPad application – now available through Apple App Store
· Avaya Flare Communicator enables enterprise-class voice, instant messaging, presence with email integration over wi-fi and 3G networks
· Customers – like Emory University – adopting Avaya Flare Communicator as a cost-effective, easy-to-use means to support BYOD and consumerisation strategies
Tuesday, January 24, 2012
Guildford, UK – Avaya, a global provider of business communications and collaboration systems and services, today announced the availability of Avaya Flare Communicator for iPad tablets. Avaya Flare Communicator broadens the next-generation user experience of the Avaya Flare Experience currently delivered on the Avaya Desktop Video Device, to include the market-leading consumer tablet. Avaya Flare Communicator provides mobile workers with secure, next-generation, unified communications and collaboration capabilities over both Wi-fi and 3G networks.
Avaya Flare Communicator for iPad tablets is enabled by the Avaya Aura® unified communications architecture, which delivers integrated applications to a broad range of fixed and mobile devices. Today, Avaya takes secure mobile collaboration a step further by making the Avaya Flare Communicator a download from the Apple App Store, with plans to extend to additional consumer devices and operating systems later this year.
Avaya Flare Communicator provides employees and their companies with the following capabilities and benefits:
· View the availability of enterprise associates from the contacts card and simply tap a single location to launch an instant message (IM), voice call or email
· Manage two simultaneous voice calls using the iPad while mobile
· Multi-task on the iPad tablet while communicating, e.g. read email, attend a web conference and use the iPad browser, and attend a voice conference call and IM, or use other productivity applications
· Search the corporate directory and add associates to the Avaya Flare Communicator contacts fan for easy access
· Engage in secure communication and collaboration remotely using wi-fi hotspots or 3G connectivity
· Reduce mobile expenses by using the data channel and avoiding roaming charges while traveling across different cellular networks
Big Savings for Advanced Collaboration
The Avaya Flare Communicator for iPad tablet application is a free download for users from the Apple App Store. Businesses with Avaya Aura 6.1 or later can obtain up to 50 Avaya Aura client access licenses at no cost to connect users to Flare Communicator during an introductory offer from January 24 through April 30.
Customers with Avaya Aura 6.1+ can also take advantage of a new Executive User Add-on promotion that enables power mobile collaborators to have consistent access to all of their real-time communications as their day-to-day needs change. The promotion offers 60 percent savings on the regular US list price and includes: Avaya Aura, Avaya Aura Conferencing, Avaya Flare Experience on the Avaya Desktop Video Device, Avaya Flare Communicator for iPad and services. The promotion is available from February 6 through September 30.
Finally, for businesses that want to move quickly to provide advanced mobile collaboration capabilities on older or other vendor systems, the Avaya Mobile Collaboration Pack is a turnkey mobile solution package that includes Avaya Aura, Avaya Flare Communicator for iPad for 50 users, Avaya one-X® Mobile for 50 users plus implementation, training, along with 1 year support and upgrade subscription.
The Avaya Flare Experience and ADVD recently received the 2011 Product Innovation Award for Global Videoconferencing Endpoints from Frost and Sullivan.
“Avaya Flare Communicator combines Avaya’s software engineering expertise with all the strengths of the iPad tablet. The result is great voice quality, high reliability and a beautiful user interface that looks like it was built for how we work today. It’s the only ‘phone’ I have on my desk right now. “
Dr. Richard Mendola, Vice President, Information Technology & CIO, Emory University
“With Avaya Flare Communicator on iPad, enterprise users have a seamless mobile collaboration experience that integrates various methods of communication all at their fingertips. As the mobile workforce continues to grow, applications like Flare Communicator ensure that the tools they use simultaneously provide the consistency and flexibility needed for these workers to be truly effective.”
Rich Costello, Senior Research Analyst, Unified Communications, IDC
Avaya Flare Communicator for iPad Apple App Store download: http://bit.ly/rLU0tG
Fact Sheet: http://bit.ly/zaIPM4
TAGS: Avaya, Avaya Flare, Avaya Aura, iPad, mobile collaboration, business communications, unified communications, consumerization, enterprise, mobility, mobile communications, business collaboration, BYOD
*iPad is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. All other trademarks identified by the ®, ™, or ? are registered trademarks, trademarks, or service marks respectively, of Avaya Inc
Avaya is a global provider of business collaboration and communications solutions, providing unified communications, contact centers, networking and related services to companies of all sizes around the world. For more information please visit www.avaya.com.
Avaya blogs: http://www.avaya.com/blogs
020 7395 7154