Avaya Sets a New Standard for Simple, Effective, Engaging Collaboration and Communications
· New software makes it possible to easily embed collaboration capabilities into other applications
· Enhanced collaboration and communication platform provides a comprehensive midmarket solution with the industry’s smallest footprint
· New cloud service for enabling SMS text messages to any device takes mobile collaboration to the next level
Santa Clara, Calif. – Tuesday, Oct. 15, 2013 – Avaya today unveiled a set of new software and cloud-based services designed to transform the way enterprises and organisations work. Avaya’s simple, intuitive solutions help employees to work more effectively, engage more easily, and make decisions faster so organisations can experience the advantages of a new age of collaboration.
Today’s introductions are the latest developments in Avaya’s transformation: Six years ago the company began a shift from a telecommunications company to a provider of mobile, open, scalable collaboration and communications solutions for companies of all sizes. These new offerings are part of the $2.5 billion investment in R&D made by Avaya during this time to reshape its portfolio for the future of collaboration.
Avaya makes it possible for companies and organisations of all sizes to begin collaborating in new ways. Avaya designed out the complexity from its software and cloud-based services so employees can get to work faster and to work smarter. Open platform technology in Avaya’s solutions removes many of the barriers that slow business innovation, customer service and revenue generation and allows employees and partners to act as a team whether they are mobile or in the office.
New software and cloud-based services simplify enterprise collaboration
The need to streamline the way people communicate and work spans companies of all sizes. Avaya’s new software and technology are earmarked for companies large to small. Avaya today unveiled:
· Avaya Aura Collaboration Environment: An all new software platform that dissolves the complexity of embedding collaboration and communications capabilities into business applications, making it possible to quickly develop creative new ways of doing business. For example, a healthcare patient monitoring system can automatically trigger a collaboration session between several doctors based on the vitals of a critical care patient that is being monitored 24×7. As a result, new social, mobile or cloud-based collaboration capabilities can be added to business applications or processes generally without the cost and time previously required. (see separate release)
· Avaya IP Office 9.0: The cornerstone of Avaya’s midmarket business collaboration portfolio, Avaya IP Office 9.0 offers increased scale, flexible deployment options, simplified management, and support for enterprise branch deployments. Avaya IP Office software extends Avaya innovation to the midmarket, delivering a seamless collaboration experience across voice, video, and mobility for up to 2000 users for the first time. With new virtualisation capabilities, a feature-rich, collaboration and communication solution can typically be set up in under an hour. (see separate release)
· Avaya Messaging Service (AMS): Real-time mobile collaboration and communications via the cloud for any size business, using any vendor’s platform. SMS/text messages have typically operated as an application independent of enterprise communications – usually sent from one mobile device to another mobile device. Avaya Messaging Service extends SMS messages to and from smartphones, tablets, notebooks and desktop devices, thereby enabling one-number communications via text messaging. By flowing the messages through a corporate network, AMS brings the same level of security, compliance and quality companies expect in email to the world of text messaging.
· Advances to Avaya Aura: The engine behind enterprise communications and collaboration, Avaya Aura users can now easily support both cloud and virtualised environments with the addition of multi-tenancy and enhanced virtualisation capabilities.Additionally, customers can now support up to 10 different mobile devices from a single phone number, enabling people to connect on a wide variety of devices quickly and easily.
“Today, teams are located all over the globe, trying to work on a variety of devices as they move between meetings or connecting flights. It has never been harder to physically come together, and at the same time expectations have never been higher. Avaya’s simple, intuitive software and cloud-based services are designed to be effective, efficient and transparent so people can focus on the task at hand and not the barriers that are too often present in today’s business technology.”
Kevin Kennedy, CEO and president, Avaya
Tags: Avaya, IP Office, midsize business, collaboration, unified communications, BYOD, virtualisation, SMB, video conferencing, voice
Avaya is a global provider of business collaboration and communications solutions, providing unified communications, contact centers, networking and related services to companies of all sizes around the world. For more information please visit www.avaya.com.