Barracuda Networks Integrates Next Generation Firewall and Cloud Web Security
Unique Solution Provides Maximum Protection Both On- and Off-network, Offloads Intensive Security and Reporting Functions to the Cloud
February 14, 2012 – Barracuda Networks Inc., a leading provider of security, networking and data protection solutions, today announced the integration of the Barracuda NG Firewall and Barracuda Web Security Flex. This integrated offering marks the first solution to combine powerful cloud-based Web filtering technology with next-generation firewall capabilities, providing maximum protection both on- and off-network, while offloading intensive security and reporting functions to the cloud.
This integrated offering allows enterprises to regain control of today’s dynamic networks–protecting a myriad of users with disparate devices, accessing applications and network resources, both on- and off-network. By moving Web filtering to the cloud, organisations are able to:
· Simplify capacity planning – Organisations are not so rigidly bound to the compute cycles available on the on-premises firewall as the cloud will automatically scale-up or scale-down depending on the number of users or sessions that need to be filtered without impacting on-premises infrastructure.
· Maximise security across all locations – Organisations can right-size their on-premises firewalls while still providing advanced malware scanning, content filtering and centralised reporting to branch office locations.
· Extend Web security to off-network machines – The Barracuda Web Security Agent is now available to Barracuda NG Firewall customers, extending Web filtering to remote off-network machines. Barracuda Networks is the first and only next-generation firewall vendor to provide comprehensive Web security and policy enforcement to remote users, regardless of location or device.
· Centralise policy management – Barracuda Web Security Flex provides a simple cloud-based policy management interface that is seamlessly integrated with the Barracuda NG Control Center. This provides centralised management of Firewall rules and Web usage policies across multiple locations.
“While the historical firewall market has emphasised the box and its associated network accelerators, coprocessors or ASICs, the reality is that needs continue to evolve,” said Steve Pao, vice president of product management for Barracuda Networks. “For example, a key challenge with today’s solutions is that network accelerators do not improve reporting performance. With our unique approach of using lightweight on-premises hardware for core network security functions and the cloud for more resource intensive content security functions, we can apply the most up-to-date security countermeasures against the latest threats, while minimising the hardware footprint and upgrade cycles required to provide that protection.”
Barracuda Networks has regional data centres located in the EU and traffic is forwarded to the nearest location for filtering.
· Subscribe to the Barracuda Product Blog at http://blog.barracuda.com/pmblog/.
· Read more about the Barracuda NG Firewall and Barracuda Web Security Flex integration at http://blog.barracuda.com/pmblog/index.php/2012/02/14/cloud-based-web-security-with-the-barracuda-ng-firewall/
· Follow Barracuda Networks on Twitter at http://twitter.com/barracuda.
About Barracuda NG Firewall
The Barracuda NG Firewall is a family of hardware and virtual appliances designed to protect your network infrastructure, improve your site-to-site connectivity and simplify administration of your network operations. Beyond its powerful network firewall and VPN technologies, the Barracuda NG Firewall integrates a comprehensive set of next generation firewall technologies, including Layer 7 application profiling, intelligent traffic management, intrusion prevention, Web filtering, anti-virus, anti-spam and network access control.
About Barracuda Web Security Flex
Barracuda Web Security Flex is a cloud-based Web security offering that protects users both in and out of the workplace from malicious content. With complete management and reporting in the cloud, administrators can enforce common Internet usage policies across their organizations. Data centers throughout the world can proxy traffic directly, through integration with the Barracuda NG Firewall, or through software agents to ensure that all traffic is inspected and secured prior to reaching the users’ Web browsers. Optional hardware and virtual appliance gateways can provide local policy enforcement, caching, acceleration and user identification for larger premises. Barracuda Web Security Flex features all-inclusive pricing so the economics are the same for customers whether they choose any combination of pure cloud, software agents, appliances or virtual appliances in their deployments.
Barracuda Networks combines premises-based gateways and software, virtual appliances, cloud services, and sophisticated remote support to deliver comprehensive content and network security, data protection and application delivery solutions. The company’s expansive product portfolio includes offerings for protection against email and Web threats as well as products that improve application delivery and network access, message archiving, backup and data protection. Coca-Cola, FedEx, Harvard University, IBM, L’Oreal, and Europcar are among the more than 150,000 organizations protecting their IT infrastructures with Barracuda Networks’ range of affordable, easy-to-deploy and manage solutions. Barracuda Networks is privately held with its International Headquarters in Campbell, Calif. For more information, please visit www.barracudanetworks.com.