Tampa, Fla., Aug. 10, 2010—BICSI, the association supporting the information technology systems (ITS) industry with information, education and knowledge assessment, is pleased to announce the slate of candidates for the 2010 BICSI Board of Directors Election.
Candidates for the Position of Secretary
· J. Carl Bonner Jr., RCDD, OSP, WD, Network Communications Supply Company, Milton, FL
· Edward Boychuk, RCDD, Convergent Technology Partners, LLC, Flint, MI
· Michael Collins, RCDD, CCDA, NCE, AT&T, Bellaire, TX
· Christine Klauck, RCDD, NTS, JaffeeHolden, Norwalk, CT
· Charles Lee Wilson, RCDD, NTS, OSP, Wilson Technology Group, Inc., Brooksville, FL
Candidates for the Position of Canadian Region Director
· Henry P. Franc, RCDD, OSP, Belden, Mississauga, Ontario
· Peter Levoy, RCDD, Anixter Canada, Mississauga, Ontario
Candidates for the Position of U.S. South-Central Region Director
(Serving members in AR, CO, KS, KY, LA, MS, MO, NM, OK, TN & TX)
· Erkan Gunal, RCDD, NTS, CLICK2SEE.US, LLC, Centennial, CO
· Gary E. Moore, RCDD, AmeriCom Automation Services, Inc., New Braunfels, TX
· Paul Marek, RCDD, CCNA, AT&T, New Braunfels, TX
Candidates for the Position of U.S. Southeast Region Director
(Serving members in AL, FL, GA, NC, SC & VA)
· Alvin B. Emmett, RCDD, AT&T, Ball Ground, GA
· Mel E. Lesperance, RCDD, Affiliated Engineers, Inc., Tampa, FL
· Rodney Casteel, RCDD, NTS, OSP, CommScope, Villa Rica, GA
· Warren R. Law, PE, RCDD, NTS, OSP, LEED AP, Dulohery Weeks Engineers, Savannah, GA
Candidates for the Position of U.S. Western Region Director
(Serving members in AK, AZ, CA, HI, ID, MT, NV, OR, UT, WA & WY)
· Michael Cantrell, RCDD, California Data Center Design Group, Laguna Hills, CA
· Robert A. Prichard, RCDD, NTS, NCE, Sparling, Inc., Seattle, WA
· Todd Strand, RCDD, NTS, OSP, On Target Voice & Data, Irvine, CA
For a complete list of candidate biographies, please visit www.bicsi.org/election.
The BICSI Secretary is responsible for keeping accurate records and minutes of all meetings of BICSI and of the Board of Directors. The Secretary will be responsible for facilitating the review and updating of BICSI’s Bylaws and Board of Directors’ Operating Policies and Procedures.
A Region Director represents the members of his/her geographical region in the governance of BICSI. In addition to the duties as a member of the Board of Directors, each Region Director will be assigned the duty of Board Liaison to a standing committee. The Region Director will be an ex-officio member of the committee and shall communicate the concerns of the Board to the committee and the actions and concerns of the committee to the Board.
Newly elected officers will officially begin their two-year term at the Annual Business Meeting during the 2011 BICSI Winter Conference in Orlando, Fla., this January.
All individual and corporate members in good standing as of July 1, 2010, will be eligible to vote for Secretary. Region Director positions will only be voted on by the members in that region. Voting will open on Sept. 1 and will run through Sept. 30. The 2010 BICSI Board Elections will be conducted by Election Services Corporation.