Bytemobile’s Smart Capacity Mobile Analytics Helps Operators Manage Data Traffic
Network Intelligence Becomes Vital Due to Explosive Growth in Smartphones and Tablets
Santa Clara, Calif., June 21, 2011 – Bytemobile, Inc., the industry leader in video optimisation and Smart Capacity™ solutions for mobile network operators, today announced new product enhancements to the company’s traffic reporting and analytics solution. The expanded solution provides improved insights into mobile data congestion, application traffic patterns and subscriber quality of experience (QoE) on operators’ networks.
Bytemobile’s Smart Capacity Mobile Analytics presents actionable network intelligence that enables operators to better understand the impact of video content and mobile application usage on their networks and measure the user experience. With this intelligence, operators can offer new and differentiated services, and apply traffic management tools to improve network efficiencies.
“Continued aggressive growth in mobile data – fuelled by video and application usage over faster networks and more powerful, user-friendly devices in the hands of billions of people – has created a formidable traffic management challenge for carriers,” said Ronny Haraldsvik, vice president of Global Marketing at Bytemobile. “Coupled with Bytemobile’s market-leading video and web optimisation, our new Smart Capacity Mobile Analytics solution provides network insights that are unavailable through traditional analytics technology.”
Haraldsvik continued, “The application and data traffic control capabilities of Bytemobile’s Smart Capacity platform provide operators with meaningful analytics data that accurately reflects the QoE being delivered to their customers on their network. Our customers have validated the impact of our traffic reporting and analytics approach and view it as a breakthrough in helping them manage network efficiency, reduce churn and capitalise on new revenue opportunities.”
Bytemobile’s Smart Capacity Mobile Analytics solution gives operators:
• A content level understanding of network utilisation to prioritise infrastructure investments – for example, volume of video traffic, volume of web traffic, application and device type, download speed, top videos, and downlink versus uplink traffic
• The ability to measure QoE around fluctuating demand, in order to increase customer satisfaction and reduce churn – through metrics such as seconds of video stalling, video resolution preferences and average video playback time
• A comprehensive view of networks across geographies to compare and report different mobile data usage patterns for measurement, benchmarking and maximising efficiency of network resources
• Mobile application impact assessment – including ‘top 10 Android applications by volume’ or ‘top five iPhone applications used during peak hours’ – for competitive market segmentation and subscriber friendly data plan pricing
• Integration with third-party business intelligence tools, such as GSMA’s Mobile Media Metrics initiative, as well as reporting tools from partners such as IBM
Mobile network operators can experience first-hand the benefits of Bytemobile’s Smart Capacity Mobile Analytics – as well as the 30-50% capacity improvement achievable with Unison™ Smart Capacity for Video – at the IBM Innovation Centre in La Gaude, France, in early July.
Smart Capacity Mobile Analytics, in conjunction with Bytemobile’s analytics managed service, provides operators with the most proven, in-depth and flexible reporting of mobile data traffic available in the market today.
Smart Capacity Mobile Analytics is used to deliver Bytemobile.s quarterly Mobile Analytics Report. For a snapshot of the solution’s capabilities, download the new second-quarter 2011 report: http://www.bytemobile.com/smart-capacity/mobile_minute_metrics.html.
For more information on Bytemobile’s Unison Smart Capacity platform, visit: www.bytemobile.com.
Bytemobile – Smart Capacity at the Core™
The Bytemobile® Smart Capacity™ platform gives mobile operators more control of existing network resources to manage escalating subscriber demand for capacity due to video and other bandwidth-intensive content and applications. By deploying the Unison™ Smart Capacity platform in the mobile network, operators can defer costly network capital expenditures and control operating expenses, while improving revenue growth and profitability. Bytemobile’s Smart Capacity solutions have been deployed with over 125 operators in 60 countries, including 8 of the world’s top 10 tier-one carriers. To learn more, visit www.bytemobile.com.
Bytemobile, the Bytemobile logo, Smart Capacity, Unison, and Smart Capacity at the Core are trademarks, service marks and/or registered trademarks of Bytemobile, Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks, service marks and product names used herein are the property of their respective owners.