Canon launches the industry’s fastest USB-powered portable scanner for small offices and mobile workers
· Canon Europe, world leader in imaging solutions, has today launched imageFORMULA P-215, the industry’s fastest ultra-compact portable scanner, capable of speeds of up to 15 pages per minute using a single USB cable connection
· Supporting both Mac and PC, this versatile compact scanner can handle a variety of media including thick plastic ID and embossed cards with a dedicated card feeder
· Its capability of scanning to cloud applications such as GoogleDocs™, Evernote and SharePoint makes it ideal for small or home office environments and for professionals who work remotely
· Workers can use the P-215 instantly without the need to install additional drivers or software thanks to its unique, built-in CaptureOnTouch Lite software
· The new ultra-compact portable scanner incorporates an automatic document feeder that is capable of handling up to 20 sheets and can capture both sides of a document in a single pass
· Corporate IT departments and Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) can develop customised connectivity to their solutions or document workflows, thanks to Software Developers Kits available for the P-215’s CaptureOnTouch and CaptureOnTouch Lite software
· The imageFORMULA P-215 will be available across Europe from early January 2012
Sean Suematsu, European Document Scanning Solutions Director, Canon Europe
“Remote and flexible working has been fuelling demand for scan and access anywhere solutions. Whether you’re working in the office, from home or on the road, there is a growing need for fast, accurate and easy digitisation of documents. The ability to scan directly to the central office or to applications hosted in the cloud means that you can work more productively – no matter where you find yourself.”
“The new imageFORMULA P-215 builds on the success of the popular P-150 and P-150M models with a number of technological advancements that meet the needs of our customers for high-speed and powerful portable scanning. Professionals will also appreciate its compact size and elegant design.”
Canon Europe is the regional sales and marketing operation for Canon Inc., represented in 116 countries and employing over 11,000 people across Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA).
Founded in 1937 with the specific goal of making the best quality camera available to customers, Canon’s tireless passion for the Power of Image has since extended its technology into many other markets and has established it as a world leader in both consumer and business imaging solutions. Its solutions comprise products, ranging from digital compact and SLR cameras, through broadcast lenses and portable X-ray machines, to multi-function and production printers, all supported by a range of value added services.
Canon invests heavily in R&D to deliver the richest and most innovative products and services to satisfy customers’ creative needs. From amateur photographers to professional print companies, Canon enables each customer to realise their own passion for image.
Canon believes that considering the interests of society and the environment is an integral part of good business practice. This is embodied in its corporate philosophy Kyosei – ‘To live and work together for the common good’.
Further information about Canon Europe is available at: www.canon-europe.com