Essen, Germany, (PresseBox) – Summary: After a comprehensive audit by the Federal Motor Transport Authority (KBA), CETECOM is now officially designated as a technical service for eCall. We therefore offer our customers a complete eCall certification according to European specifications.
eCall is an automatic emergency call system for motor vehicles postulated by the European Union. Vehicle-mounted devices are designed to automatically report a traffic accident to the single European emergency number 112, and help to reduce the number of traffic jams and reduce the severity of road traffic injuries by means of more rapidly initiated rescue operations.
eCall will become mandatory for all new models of passenger cars (M1) and light commercial vehicles (N1) starting from April 2018. CETECOM has now been officially named as a technical service for eCall following an audit by the Federal Motor Transport Authority (KBA).
The designation as a technical service for eCall – according the scope defined by the Regulation (EU) 2017/79 covers the full scope for an eCall type-approval for motor vehicles, eCall in-vehicle separate technical units and components:
• Annex I – High-severity deceleration test
• Annex II – Full-scale impact test assessment
• Annex III – Crash resistance of audio equipment
• Annex IV – Co-existence of TPS and eCall
• Annex V – Automatic triggering (document review)
• Annex VI – Positioning services (GNSS)
• Annex VII – Info & warning signal (IVS self-test)
• Annex VIII – Privacy and data protection
Thus, we offer our customers a full eCall certification from a single source.
For more information on our eCall certification services, click here.