Cisco Expands Videoscape TV Platform Into the Cloud
New Videoscape Cloud Software & SaaS Capabilities Enable Service Providers to Launch Exciting New Consumer Video Services Faster
LAS VEGAS, Nevada, CES 2014, January 6, 2014 – At CES 2014 today, Cisco announced it has expanded its industry-leading Videoscape TV services delivery platform to include a host of new cloud video capabilities, including an industry-first Videoscape “as-a-service” offering and open cloud software technologies based on OpenStack. These added capabilities will help service providers and media companies enhance agility, increase revenue and reduce operating expenses.
With new software and technology for both private and public cloud services, this comprehensive new set of Videoscape cloud capabilities, part of the broader corporate virtualization strategy, will give service providers and media companies the ability to capitalize on the Internet of Everything. Together, they will provide simplified options to quickly deliver new consumer experiences, such as second screen and 4Kvideo, and offer more customization and personalization for viewing and sharing content across multiple devices.
New Videoscape Cloud Capabilities Include:
- Videoscape Cloud Software: Videoscape Cloud Software helps to reduce operating expenses and increase revenue by delivering more experiences, including those based on the IOE, faster than ever before. Videoscape Cloud Software takes Videoscape software, separates it from dedicated hardware and enables it to run on service provider and media company public and private clouds — including those based on OpenStack. This enables Cisco customers to deploy new video applications on demand, then easily and automatically scale them, shaving months or years off the tasks of planning and deployment.
- Videoscape Cloud Services: Videoscape capabilities offered “as a service” To help service providers and media companies gain even more agility, Cisco is offering Videoscape Cloud Services. Utilizing the same software and APIs as the rest of Videoscape, Videoscape Cloud Services can be purchased “as a service” from Cisco on a consumption-based model. This approach enables these companies to complement existing infrastructures to rapidly deliver fresh, new video experiences for consumers, without the need to create, code, and integrate new capabilities themselves.
- Cisco Cloud Fusion for Videoscape: This unique Cisco strategy enables service providers and media companies to seamlessly mix-and-match elements from all modes of deploying Videoscape, including performance-optimized hardware and software appliances, cloud software, and cloud services. Recognizing that one size does not fit all, Cisco Cloud Fusion means that Videoscape can be tailored to the needs of each customer, allowing them to evolve to their choice of infrastructures without requiring costly replacements or major upgrades.
- Videoscape Open UX Foundation: This software enhances functionality and performance of gateways, set-top boxes and connected devices running HTML5 applications. HTML5 is a key component of cloud-based video systems, and Open UX Foundation improves HTML5 infrastructures, making it faster and easier for service providers and media companies to deploy attractive video services from the cloud.
- Hubert Cariou, director, Bouygues Telecom
“Together with Cisco, we have tested and proven the value of innovative cloud-powered services. With shorter development and deployment intervals for new products, we view cloud as a way to help lower the costs of introducing new services with extremely flexible scalability.”
- Fernando Bittencourt, CTO, TV Globo
“Our collaboration with Cisco is helping us to advance our service capabilities in a number of areas, including exploring cloud-powered, second-screen video experiences. Our successful deployment of the video application for The Voice Brasil has us excited about the possibilities to deliver similar experiences to our customers for even more programs to come.”
- Itzhak Elyakim, vice president of engineering and CTO, yes
“Cisco has been a trusted partner as we have worked to evolve our video platform to offer our subscribers unique video entertainment experiences, with access to more channels and more VOD titles than ever before – from multiple devices. We look forward to exploring together how Cisco’s new Videoscape cloud capabilities can support and enhance our OpenStack-based private cloud video services, and our newly launched yesGO service.”
- Joe Cozzolino, senior vice president and general manager, Service Provider Video Infrastructure, Cisco
“Videoscape leads the industry as a platform for delivering exciting video services and experiences. With these new Videoscape cloud capabilities, our customers have two additional ways to deploy Videoscape, meaning they can get new services to market faster than ever before. Plus our unique Cisco Fusion strategy allows customers to mix-and-match deployment options to best grow revenue and reduce their overall costs to roll out video services, including exciting second screen, 4K video and IoE based Connected Life services.”
- Other Cisco Videoscape Cloud News: NBC Olympics Production of the 2014 Olympic Winter Games in Sochi to Utilize Cisco New Videoscape Cloud Solution
- Cisco Service Provider blog: SP360: http://blogs.cisco.com/sp
- Cisco Videoscape TV service delivery platform: http://www.cisco.com/go/videoscape
- Follow Cisco Service Provider Video news and activities at CES 2014 on Twitter: #Videoscape, #CiscoCES
Tags/Keywords: Cisco, Bouygues Telecom, cloud, cloud video, cloud-powered video, Internet of Everything, IoE, IP, IP video, Joe Cozzolino, Hubert Cariou, Itzhak Elyakim, multiscreen, 4K, 4KTV, UltraHD, Videoscape, The Voice Brasil, TV Globo, yes Israel, yesGO
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/rss.html
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com.