Alcatel-Lucent named Industry Group Leader for Technology Hardware & Equipment sector in the 2014 Dow Jones Sustainability Indices review
Recognition for the fourth year running of Alcatel-Lucent and Bell Labs’ “consistent definition of standards in eco-innovation in the information and communications technology industry”
PARIS, France, September 19, 2014 – Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) (http://www.alcatel-lucent.com) has today been named by S&P Dow Jones Indices, one of the world’s largest providers of financial market indices, and RobecoSAM, the investment specialist focused exclusively on sustainability investing, as leader of the Technology Hardware & Equipment industry group in the 2014 Dow Jones Sustainability Indices review with an overall score of 91/100.
• In its 2014 report on Alcatel-Lucent, DJSI/Robeco SAM said: “Alcatel-Lucent and its research organization Bell Laboratories have continued to lead the discussion on eco-innovation and communications technology (ICT) industry.”
• The company continued its active role in defining international standards in ICT energy efficiency and developing a greenhouse gas emissions reporting methodology through collaboration with global institutes such as the WBCSD and the World Resources Institute.
• Alcatel-Lucent also leveraged its leadership position to promote digital inclusion and digital literacy among disadvantaged communities throughout the world in particular through the work of Alcatel-Lucent Foundation.
• The company also received top industry scores in Code of Conduct/Compliance/Corruption&Bribery as well as in Supply Chain Management.
• This is the fourth year in a row, Alcatel-Lucent has been recognized in the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices. The company was named Technology Supersector Leader in 2012 and leader of the CMT Communications Technology Sector in 2011.
• Launched in 1999, the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices pioneered tracking of the financial performance of the world’s leading sustainability-driven companies. Based on the cooperation of Dow Jones Indexes and RobecoSAM, it provides asset managers with reliable and objective benchmarks to manage sustainability portfolios. In addition to financial performance, the index assesses a comprehensive range of sustainability areas, including environmental, management of human resources, community support and philanthropic.
To read full details of how Alcatel-Lucent performed in the 2014 DJSI review, and how it achieved its status as Industry Group Leader to Technology Hardware & Equipment, please visit: http://www.sustainability-indices.com/review/industry-group-leaders-2014.jsp
For more information on Alcatel-Lucent’s Sustainability priorities and activities, please visit: http://www.alcatel-lucent.com/sustainability
ABOUT ALCATEL-LUCENT (EURONEXT PARIS AND NYSE: ALU) (HTTP://WWW.ALCATEL-LUCENT.COM)
We are at the forefront of global communications, providing products and innovations in IP and cloud networking, as well as ultra-broadband fixed and wireless access to service providers and their customers, and to enterprises and institutions throughout the world. Underpinning us in driving the industrial transformation from voice telephony to high-speed digital delivery of data, video and information is Bell Labs, an integral part of the Group and one of the world’s foremost technology research institutes, responsible for countless breakthroughs that have shaped the networking and communications industry. Our innovations have resulted in our Group being recognized by Thomson Reuters as a Top 100 Global Innovator, as well as being named by MIT Technology Review as amongst 2012’s Top 50 “World’s Most Innovative Companies”. We have also been recognized for innovation in sustainability, being named Industry Group Leader in the Technology Hardware & Equipment sector in the 2013 Dow Jones Sustainability Indices review, for making global communications more sustainable, affordable and accessible, all in pursuit of the Group’s mission to realize the potential of a connected world.
With revenues of Euro 14.4 billion in 2013, Alcatel-Lucent is listed on the Paris and New York stock exchanges (Euronext and NYSE: ALU). The company is incorporated in France and headquartered in Paris.
For more information, visit Alcatel-Lucent on: http://www.alcatel-lucent.com, read the latest posts on the Alcatel-Lucent blog http://www.alcatel-lucent.com/blog and follow the Company on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Alcatel_Lucent.