Extreme Networks Introduces Industrial Switches to Deliver Operational Simplicity and Maximum Uptime in the Most Demanding Environments
Company Bolsters End-to-End Software-Driven Networking Solutions with the Introduction of Industrial Switching Line
London, UK., August 11, 2016 —Extreme Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: EXTR) today announced the introduction of the Industrial Series Switches further enhancing the ExtremeSwitching line of products and rounding out the company’s end-to-end, software-driven wired and wireless offerings for campus enterprises. The Industrial Ethernet Switches are designed to provide continuous uptime, manageability, efficiency, and high performance in the harshest operating environments.
Extreme industrial switches are ideal for manufacturing, surveillance, intelligent transportation systems, utilities and smart city applications. The industrial switches are fully managed and support a full feature set including IEEE 802.3af and 802.3at Power over Ethernet for IP cameras and wireless access points, highly resilient topology options, including fast failover rings, and comprehensive IP multicast support for demanding video applications.
· Rugged Design– The industrial switch family supports an operating temperature range of -40°C to 75°C in a fanless IP30 metal enclosure allowing deployment in the harshest environments
- High Performance PoE– All models support high power 802.3af and 802.3at POE+ required for supporting advanced IP surveillance cameras, next generation wireless LAN Access Points, and sensors
- Flexible Form Factors – Supporting a wide variety of industrial applications and requirements, the ISW-Series is offered in DIN Rail or wall mounted 8 and 12 port models for both 10/100 and 10/100/1000 applications, and all models support multiple 1Gbps modular uplinks to support high bandwidth environments
- Advanced Feature Set – Designed for maximum resiliency, security, and manageability the Industrial Switch family provides a full complement of features in the industrial optimised embedded software including rapid recovery ring and mesh topologies that seamlessly integrate with EXOS based ExtremeSwitching products, granular device and user authentication, and granular PoE controls for critical infrastructure
Chantal Polsonetti, Vice President, ARC Advisory Group
“With this announcement, Extreme is providing its customers with a versatile solution that creates intelligent networks with high availability coupled with industry standard technologies. Customers will also gain access to Extreme’s global presence and expertise as well as the ExtremeManagement™ family of management and security solutions.”
Eric Broockman, CTO and EVP of Engineering, Extreme Networks
“In today’s diverse industrial landscape, Extreme recognised the need for a solution that meets unique product requirements and certifications beyond operating temperature. With the growth of smart city technology, advanced surveillance and intelligent transportation systems, our family of switches provides a resilient and powerful solution that is optimised for industrial environments.”
· ExtremeSwitching Product Page
About Extreme Networks
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) delivers software-driven networking solutions that help IT departments everywhere deliver the ultimate business outcome: stronger connections with customers, partners and employees. Wired to wireless, desktop to datacenter, on premise or through the cloud, we go to extreme measures for our 20,000-plus customers in more than 80 countries, delivering 100% insourced call-in technical support to organisations large and small, including some of the world’s leading names in business, education, government, healthcare, manufacturing and hospitality. Founded in 1996, Extreme is headquartered in San Jose, California. For more information, visit Extreme’s website or call 1-888-257-3000.