Subscribers can now run ExtremeCloud™ IQ on Microsoft Azure in London, Speeding Data Transmission Time and Ensuring Compliance with Corporate Policies and Data Privacy Laws
READING, UK, June 23, 2021 — Extreme Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: EXTR), a cloud-driven networking company, today announced it has added a new Regional Data Center (RDC) in London, enabling customers to run its native cloud management platform, ExtremeCloud IQ, on Microsoft Azure. This expansion brings Extreme’s highly secure cloud management platform closer to its UK customers, resulting in faster data transmissions and easy access to cloud applications and services. In line with Extreme’s commitment to data protection and sovereignty, the new RDC location also allows customers to fully meet corporate policies and local compliance requirements.
The establishment of this new RDC in London means that Extreme’s cloud footprint now extends to 17 data centers across the world, enabling organizations which are connected to them to efficiently and securely process more than 13 petabytes of data per day – the equivalent of 143,000 4k movies or 15.6 trillion pages of information. The new data center meets the same ISO security standards as all other ExtremeCloud IQ global presences, which means that customers can securely host data within their region and be fully compliant with local data protection laws and regulations. Additionally, subscribers gain access to 90 days of historical data, helping them increase business agility, advance business outcomes and inform future planning.
- Local UK data center access – ExtremeCloud IQ subscribers can now leverage the Microsoft Azure data center in London to manage their enterprise networks. This provides them with a local option that is fully compliant with UK data protection requirements for global organizations doing business in the region.
- Fastest-growing cloud network management solution – Adoption of the ExtremeCloud IQ network management platform has grown by 55% over the last 12 months and is trusted to manage more than 1.6 million network devices daily, making Extreme the fastest growing provider of cloud-managed networking.
- Powerful network management tools – ExtremeCloud IQ is the first networking-focused cloud management architecture to be both cloud hosting agnostic and cloud operating system agnostic. Leveraging public beta of ExtremeCloud IQ CoPilot, a subscription level available on the platform, IT administrators using the RDC can view explainable Artificial Intelligence (AI) insights, enabling them to quickly resolve well-known but highly complex issues. Furthermore, CoPilot is calibrated against an array of negative test cases and is 99 percent false alarm free, giving IT teams confidence to spend less time on manual reviews.
- Tailored cloud hosting – Subscribers can manage their ExtremeCloud IQ instance in private or on-premises cloud, and can alternatively choose from leading cloud hosting providers according to geographical requirements, functional needs, and corporate guidelines.
- Full compliance with UK data protection requirements – ExtremeCloud IQ is ISO/IEC 27001 certified by the International Standards Organization (ISO), and Extreme itself is the first cloud-driven networking vendor to be tripled-certified and recognized by the ISO for its commitment to information security management systems best practices and controls. To support compliance requirements, such as General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), ExtremeCloud IQ subscribers retain the ability to delete any of their data at any time. It is the only ISO 27001 certified cloud network management solution available on Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, and Microsoft Azure, as well as in private and on-premises cloud environments.
John Morrison, SVP of International Markets, Extreme Networks
“The UK has long been known as a hub of technological innovation. As the fastest-growing cloud-managed networking provider, we therefore feel a great pride and responsibility to offer a regional data center location in London. This new location is helping us to further support cloud adoption for our ExtremeCloud IQ subscribers in region, delivering industry-leading information security and data protection with in-country data residency to stay compliant and advance their business.”
Dan Davies, Chief Technology Officer, Maintel
“As one of Extreme’s highest accredited Black Diamond and Partnerworks Certified partners, it is positive to see Extreme again demonstrating its commitment to every kind of organization by further expanding its regional data center footprint in London. We’re confident that this move will help all customers reap the benefits of cloud networking, without worrying about data security. This is just another example of Extreme continually evolving its offering to ensure partner and customer needs are met, both in the UK and internationally.”
● ExtremeCloud™ IQ: Cloud Security and Architecture Overview
● Cloud-Managed Networking for Dummies Guide
● ExtremeCloud IQ – Available at a New Location Near You Blog
● Trusting Your Data to a Stranger Blog
● Another Day, Another RDC Blog
● Extreme Named Fastest Growing Cloud-Managed Networking Vendor Blog
About Extreme Networks Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme’s website at https://www.extremenetworks.com/ or follow us on LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram.