Free Webroot Tool Diagnoses PC Issues In Less Than 2 Minutes
Webroot® System Analyzer Scans an Entire System to Diagnose Vulnerabilities and Performance Issues
Bracknell UK – July 19, 2012 – Webroot, a leader in delivering Internet security as a service, today released Webroot® System Analyzer, providing a fast and powerful way for IT professionals to analyze the security profile and performance of individual machines. A simple, lightweight, and free PC-assessment tool, Webroot System Analyzer scans system information in 24 areas and provides an in-depth report outlining everything from undetected infections to memory issues – all in less than two minutes. This information alerts IT professionals to issues such as hardware and software conflicts, system vulnerabilities and other problems that can be corrected to improve the overall performance of the system being analyzed.
“System Analyzer is a fast and accurate system analysis that helps IT administrators troubleshoot and remediate issues with individual machines in their organization,” said Mike Malloy, executive vice president, Webroot Products and Strategy. “It is the digital Swiss Army knife that every IT administrator and support personnel should have in their toolkit.”
A fully online app, Webroot System Analyzer does not need to be installed onto a system. Administrators can simply click the scan button to receive a full assessment of any Windows-based or virtual system.* System Analyzer gives a quick snapshot of a machine’s security status and its overall performance. It can also help establish a security baseline for a system evaluating information such as:
· Are infections present?
· Does the system have active and up-to-date antivirus protection?
· Is the system protected by a firewall?
· Is the OS updated with the latest security patches installed?
It also shows factors—from memory usage to cookies—that could affect system performance or cause security risks and allows the IT administrator to access a detailed report that includes most relevant information about the hardware and software. System Analyzer is the perfect complement to Webroot SecureAnywhere™ Business – Endpoint Protection, the fastest, least disruptive, and most effective endpoint security solution, which is available as a free 30-day trial.
Key features of Webroot SecureAnywhere – Endpoint Protection include:
· The fastest, lightest and least resource hungry endpoint security – doesn’t slow endpoints or users down
· Exceptional protection against zero-day threats and highly adaptive malware – combines the Webroot Intelligence Network with the power of instantaneous cloud predictive intelligence to instantly prevent unknown threats
· Low complexity and operational costs – cloud-based console provides fully remote management and control over all endpoints, plus instant visibility of any threats
· Zero signatures updates – no daily updates are needed as these occur in the cloud, so users are always up-to-date and fully protected. There are also significant operational cost savings on network bandwidth and on-premise servers.
· Automatic remediation and pro-active Support – built-in rollback remediation ensures users’ machines are quickly restored to a ‘last good known state’ and our pro-active enterprise support ensures customers are never left waiting for help or fixes.
Pricing and Availability
Webroot System Analyzer is free. For more information on Webroot SecureAnywhere – Endpoint Protection, visit Webroot’s website to download a free 30-day evaluation or call 1-800-870-8102.
Webroot delivers cloud-based endpoint security solutions for businesses as well as home and mobile users. Webroot SecureAnywhere provides the lightest, fastest and most effective approach to endpoint security powered by a single, cloud-based threat analysis and management engine. The company also licenses the security intelligence that it generates to strategic partners including Cisco, Microsoft, F5 Networks, Palo Alto Networks, Juniper Networks, and Sourcefire. Founded in 1997, privately held Webroot is headquartered in Colorado with operations across North America, Europe, and the Asia Pacific region. For more information, visit http://www.webroot.com/ or call 800.772.9383. Read the Webroot Threat Blog: http://blog.webroot.com/. Follow Webroot on Twitter: http://twitter.com/webroot.
· Microsoft Internet Explorer® 8 and 9
· Mozilla® Firefox® 3.6 and higher
· Google Chrome™ browser and Safari — all versions
Supported server platforms
· Microsoft® Windows® Server 2003 Standard, Enterprise, 32-bit and 64-bit
· Microsoft® Windows® Server 2008 R2 Foundation, Standard, Enterprise
· Microsoft® Windows® Small Business Server 2008 and 2011
Supported virtual server platforms
· VMware® Workstation 6.5, 7.0
· Citrix® XenDesktop 5 and XenServer 5.0, 5.5, 5.6
· Microsoft® Windows® XP 32-bit and 64-bit SP2, SP3
· Microsoft® Windows® Vista 32-bit (all editions), Microsoft® Windows® Vista SP1, SP2 32- and 64-bit (all editions)
· Microsoft® Windows® 7 32-bit and 64-bit (all editions), Microsoft® Windows® 7 SP1 32- and 64-bit (all editions)
· Intel Pentium/Celeron family, or AMD K6/Athlon/Duron family, or other compatible processor
· 128 MB RAM (minimum)