Fujitsu Brings Enterprise Ease of Integrated Backup to the Mid-market
– The FUJITSU Storage ETERNUS CS200c Integrated Backup Appliance delivers mid-market customers with hardware, backup software and services in a single integrated system
– Flexible capacity – including backup software licencing – and enterprise data protection functionality are key benefits
– Fujitsu offers customers peace-of-mind via a single point of contact for hardware, software and services
London, October 23, 2014 – Fujitsu now makes the planning, implementation and operation of data backup extremely easy for mid-sized businesses and those with branch offices and distributed operations. The FUJITSU Storage ETERNUS CS200c Integrated Backup Appliance delivers customers a complete backup and archiving solution in a box. This integrated system from Fujitsu enables channel partners to take advantage of high business growth rates for backup in the mid-market.
Data protection is an essential yet laborious and time-consuming task that every organization must perform, or face the penalties in lost business, damaged reputation, or worse. Identifying, implementing and operating the right hardware and software – often in a wide range of different ‘cocktails’ needed to fulfil different functions around the organization – is fraught with potential problems, especially for organizations with a distributed network, limited IT budgets and specialized IT skills.
Designed to meet these needs – and based on Fujitsu’s 50-year heritage in developing products, services and solutions that make data storage and backup simpler, more reliable and more efficient – the ETERNUS CS200c joins Fujitsu’s comprehensive portfolio of business-centric storage systems and its highly respected ETERNUS CS Data Protection Appliances. Fujitsu offers an in-depth training program to its FUJITSU SELECT channel partners enabling them to serve mid-sized companies with a simple to deploy backup solution.
Available in different scalable configurations, this all-in-one backup appliance integrates certified hardware from Fujitsu with the market-leading CommVault Simpana backup software, synchronized and pre-installed into a comprehensive backup solution which saves customers time and money. The appliance enables a quick start-up and integration across the customer’s IT environment –fulfilling many of the specialized needs that in the past have required a broad range of different solutions. This makes it ideal for the small and medium-sized enterprise (SME) market as well as for virtual machine (VM) environments.
The ETERNUS CS200c addresses future growth and investment protection and comes always fully licensed to ensure that capacity can be expanded quickly and cost-effectively during the life span of the appliance – and without the added worry of which licences to purchase. It uses mainstream functionality of Simpana software with built-in deduplication and can be extended with enterprise functions like snapshot, application support and tape management.
Fujitsu provides added peace-of-mind by acting as a single point of contact for server, storage, software and services. Due to the nature of the solution, a minimum level of maintenance and professional services from Fujitsu are required. A range of maintenance support options will be available for 1, 3 or 5 years, while professional services support deployment and assessment on behalf of customers.
Bernhard Brandwitte, Vice President Global Storage Business, Fujitsu
“Fujitsu’s business-centric Storage solutions enable organizations of all sizes to allocate storage resources for backup processes at any time – in line with business priorities and while fulfilling Service Level Agreements (SLAs) in terms of speed, capacity and data availability without hassle and with minimized costs. The new FUJITSU Storage ETERNUS CS200c Integrated Backup Appliance sets new market standards by now offering the complete and certified infrastructure in a box for mid-sized and distributed businesses.”
Ralph Nimergood, Vice President Worldwide Channels and Alliances, CommVault
“Customers are demanding flexibility and choice in the consumption models and packaging when deploying their strategic data management solutions. As part of our enterprise strategy to deliver the solution and form factor they desire from the partner they trust, the combination of Fujitsu’s new enterprise-class integrated appliance with CommVault’s holistic data management approach accelerates time to value. By consolidating backup, archive, eDiscovery and self-service access into a single, easy-to-use platform, this flexible architecture allows customers to quickly deploy the right data management solution to match their business requirements.”
Pricing and availability
The FUJITSU Storage ETERNUS CS200c Integrated Backup Appliance is immediately orderable in Europe, Middle-East, Africa and India. First customer shipments will be available from November 2014, depending on the availability of mandatory maintenance and professional services in the participating countries. The appliance can be ordered direct from Fujitsu, or via the FUJITSU channel partner network. Pricing varies by configuration and country.
FUJITSU Storage ETERNUS CS200c Integrated Backup Appliance – highlights at a glance:
Integrated ETERNUS CS200c is a complete backup infrastructure in a box. In combination with CommVault Simpana, the appliance serves as a standardized platform for the backup and archiving of data from physical and virtual environments. Basic and upgrade capacity is always delivered as fully software licensed.
Validated Certified appliance with precisely harmonized, orchestrated and tested components.
Purpose-built Preloaded and preconfigured appliance that can be customized as requested.
Flexible ETERNUS CS200c is available as an Entry model and Scale model, both of which offer capacity scalability. In addition, functionality can be expanded quite easily, for example, with application support, snapshot and replication or tape management features.
Powerful ETERNUS CS200c is equipped with fast hard disks or SSDs, along with integrated deduplication for high- performance backup and archiving.
Easy to use
• Appliance administration is easy thanks to comprehensive automation which ensures highly efficient and reliable data backup.
• Central management console with GUI and remote access to track, index, schedule, and perform data transfer.
• Unified management makes backup administration and scheduling quite easy. This eliminates multiple management points, reduces risks, cuts costs and frees up administration resources.
From a single source CS200c is an end-to-end solution from Fujitsu which is supported by comprehensive integration and maintenance services.
• For SMEs looking for a data protection solution in a box.
• For consolidating backup infrastructures.
• For enterprises with branch offices/subsidiaries.
• For easy data backup in specific areas like MS Exchange and VM environments or Edge clients.
– ETERNUS CS Data Protection Appliances: http://www.fujitsu.com/eternus_cs
– Royalty-free photography of the ETERNUS CS200c: http://mediaportal.ts.fujitsu.com/pages/search.php?search=CS200c
– Read the Fujitsu blog: http://blog.ts.fujitsu.com
– Follow Fujitsu on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/Fujitsu_Global
– Follow us on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/fujitsu
– Find Fujitsu on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/FujitsuICT
– Fujitsu pictures and media server: http://mediaportal.ts.fujitsu.com/pages/portal.php
– For regular news updates, bookmark the Fujitsu newsroom: http://ts.fujitsu.com/ps2/nr/index.aspx
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company offering a full range of technology products, solutions and services. Approximately 162,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.8 trillion yen (US$46 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2014. For more information, please see http://www.fujitsu.com.