Enterasys Launches Industry Leading Software Defined Networking Application Integration Ecosystem
Flow-based ASICs Provides Unique Advantage for Deploying Software Defined Networking Applications
Newbury, May. 7, 2013 – Enterasys Networks, a Siemens Enterprise Communications Company, introduced OneFabric Connect SDN, its ground-breaking software defined networking (SDN) solution that has integration with a community of partners to provide predefined and customer-defined applications. This industry-first solution focuses on new services innovation and agility through an open API and unique flow-based ASIC architecture that accelerates application integration for the entire network. With the launch of OneFabric Connect SDN, Enterasys is also unveiling Connect Central, a developer community that allows access to a portal to develop and programme on the open API.
- Enterasys has continued momentum from the February launch of OneFabric Connect, a first-of-its-kind offering that enables integration of third-party applications into the OneFabric Control Center for dramatically improved enterprise mobility, zero-effort onboarding and BYOD support. Given the high industry demand, the solution is now enhanced to offer SDN to deliver the highest level of third-party integration.
- Enterasys has already integrated several partners into its OneFabric Connect Central SDN ecosystem, including not only data centre solutions but also applications at the network edge and access, such as MDM, web filtering and Unified Communications.
- OneFabric Connect SDN focuses on the northbound API that creates an open infrastructure to enable rapid integration with third-party vendors.
- The Enterasys flow-based CoreFlow2 ASIC switching solution enables the highest quality user experience because of Enterasys’ ability to provide deeper visibility and control, at scale.
- Centralised management and policy across the whole network fabric for any device, user and application provides exceptional operational efficiency and simplicity.
- Programmable interfaces to automate and orchestrate network fabric configuration.
- App deployment options increase flexibility with a feature-rich API with over 100 function calls, customer-defined integration service and predefined integration.
- Regardless of devices, location or time Enterasys ensures a consistent and high quality user experience.
Kevin Keith, Director of Business Development, AirWatch
“OneFabric Connect SDN streamlines the onboarding of mobile devices, automatically enrolling users for management. This enables our customers to rapidly integrate our enterprise mobility management solution to the mobile edge.”
Ali Youssef, Wireless Solutions Architect, Henry Ford Health System
“With the influx of mobile devices, and mission critical applications in the workplace, networks are becoming increasingly complex. OneFabric Connect SDN addresses simultaneous needs for security, manageability, mobility and agility. More importantly, Enterasys’ SDN solution will allow us to provide our physicians, patients, staff and guests an improved experience.”
Bob Laliberte, Senior Analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group
“ESG research indicates that organisations need SDN solutions to help them overcome problems like reducing or eliminating manual processes and accelerating application roll outs. The Enterasys approach to SDN combines the scalability and simplicity of their OneFabric architecture with a technology partner ecosystem via open APIs to deliver a broad range of network service solutions to their customers.”
Markus Nispel, Chief Technology Strategist, Enterasys Networks
“Our customers today are tasked with finding solutions to combat the rapid rate at which network usage and complexity is increasing. OneFabric Connect SDN builds upon Enterasys’ heritage of providing flexibility in the network that solves our customer’s problems. Through OneFabric Connect SDN, IT is able to create a dynamic and agile network infrastructure that’s aimed at the deployment of new services through common APIs. As a result, our customers get the increased network reliability, simplicity and security they are seeking that extends far beyond the data centre.”
About Enterasys Networks and Siemens Enterprise Communications
Enterasys Networks is a premier global provider of wired and wireless network infrastructure and security solutions. Our solutions enable organisations to drive down IT costs while improving business productivity and efficiency through a unique combination of automation, visibility and control capabilities. Enterasys provides a broad range of enterprise networking and security solutions by technology and industry.
Siemens Enterprise Communications is a leading global provider of unified communications (UC) solutions and network infrastructure for enterprises of all sizes. Leveraging 160 years of experience, we deliver innovation and quality to the world’s most successful companies, backed by a world-class services portfolio, which includes international multi-vendor managed and outsourcing capabilities. Our OpenScape communications solutions provide a seamless and efficient collaboration experience – on any device – which amplifies collective effort and dramatically improves business performance. Together, our global team of UC experts and service professionals set the standards for a rich communications experience that empowers teams to deliver better results. Siemens Enterprise Communications is a joint venture of The Gores Group and Siemens AG, and includes Enterasys Networks, a provider of network infrastructure and security solutions, creating a complementary and complete enterprise communications solutions portfolio