Telstra Global expands coverage with nine new points of presence (PoPs)
Global connectivity into Asia maximised with ‘connected’ co-location for enterprise and wholesale customers
31 October 2012: Telstra Global, a leading global supplier of managed network and hosting services, is expanding its reach with the launch of nine new points of presence (PoPs) in London, Marseille, Stockholm, Osaka, Tokyo, Sydney, Hong Kong and Chicago to satisfy increasing connectivity demands between key global markets.
Telstra Global’s new PoPs will support Telstra customers with fast and highly reliable high performance connectivity between Asia Pacific, Europe and the US. This will allow them to mitigate risks and scale quickly to meet changing business and bandwidth demands, while taking advantage of growth opportunities in the Asia Pacific region.
The expanded coverage adds to Telstra Global’s customer offering providing a range of network connectivity and cloud services, while ensuring that its SLAs can be offered on an end-to-end basis.
· Chicago: The launch of the Chicago based PoP will meet high demand for low latency connectivityinto Asia Pacific for Telstra Global’s enterprise and wholesale customers needing high speed services to support operations such as low latency financial trading.
· London: The new London hub will provide Telstra Global’s customers with low latency routes from London. This is Telstra Global’s second PoP in London and is located in a key financial district interconnecting it to financial centres in Asia Pacific. It will also allow Telstra Global’s customers located in the same data centre to significantly reduce their networking spend.
· Marseille: As an important submarine and internet traffic hub in France, the Marseille PoP will provide a crucial node to meet the increased capacity demands for Telstra Global’s enterprise and wholesale customers and also act as an important entry point into Europe. It will also offer improved connectivity into Asia and the Middle East, including India, Singapore and surrounding countries operating in and around Asia.
· Stockholm: As an imminent addition to Telstra’s global offering, a new PoP will shortly be established in Stockholm for IPVPN, VPLS and EVPL services. This will provide customers in Sweden with direct hub connectivity to branch locations in Asia and offer direct routes to Singapore, London and Hong Kong.
· Osaka & Tokyo: Serving one of the most mature telecoms markets and a major Internet and financial hub point in North Asia, Telstra has established new a PoP in Osaka and an additional PoP in Tokyo to locally serve its enterprise and wholesale customers that need to run mission-critical applications to support their businesses.
· Sydney: Two new PoPs in Sydney in Telstra’s home base of Australia will further enhance the options available to multinational enterprise customers with requirements for co-location services in Sydney, along with international connectivity to the rest of the world.
· Hong Kong: Serving similar needs to those in Sydney, the Hong Kong PoP will serve the bandwidth needs of the financial sector in what has become a very mature telecoms market.
Telstra Global’s Director of Products and Marketing, Mr Nathan Bell, said the new routes demonstrate Telstra Global’s commitment to its customers’ evolving needs between key global markets.
“The expansion highlights Telstra Global’s focus on enabling customer growth in Europe, the US and Asia. We continue to invest in our global infrastructure and technological innovation for an enhanced customer experience, and we now have one of the largest established networks in AsiaPacific,” said Mr Bell.
Telstra Global operates one of the largest, most scalable networks in Asia Pacific. Most of its network PoPs in this region are equipped to provide a full suite of bandwidth services, with a growing number able to offer IP Services and enable customers to connect to major Internet exchanges. Beyond Asia Pacific, Telstra Global currently providesservices to over 1,400 PoPs supporting access for MPLS services in more than 230 countries and territories.
About Telstra Global
Telstra Global is a leading global supplier of managed network services andinternational data, voice and satellite services. It is a division of Telstra Corporation Limited and owns one of the most technologically advanced IP backbone networks in the world.
Telstra Global provides innovative and flexible global communications services and solutions for organisations looking to maximise the benefits of globalisation, particularly across growth regions such as Asia, whilst driving sustainability and enhancing business agility.
Together with its offshore subsidiaries and international investments, Telstra Global serves over 200 of the world’s top 500 companies, spanning Asia Pacific, EMEA and the Americas. It operates award-winning networks which are amongst the largest and most diverse in Asia Pacific and facilitates access to over 1,400 PoPs in 230 countries and territories across the globe.