Vodafone Keeps It Simple With New Fibre Powered Broadband
Up To Ten Times Faster Speeds!
16th May 2013: Vodafone Ireland next Monday, May 20th 2013 will launch fibre-powered broadband. With Vodafone’s fibre-powered broadband, customers in fibre enabled areas will experience up to ten times faster speeds than regular broadband. Customers can choose standalone fibre-powered broadband or they can select combined phone line and broadband packages.
Introducing fibre-powered broadband, Marcel de Groot, Consumer Director, Vodafone Ireland said, “Customers can now choose from a range of new fibre-powered broadband packages. You only pay for what you need and most packages come with unlimited broadband usage. Keeping the plans simple allows the customer to be in control, choosing a plan that fits their needs without compromising on quality or speed”.
Customers have three simple options:
- Vodafone Simply Broadband: Standalone fibre-powered broadband
- Vodafone Simply Talk: Phone line and calls only
- Vodafone Home: Bundled fibre-powered broadband with voice calls and unlimited broadband usage.
Packages start from €30 per month and come with speeds up to 70Mbps. Vodafone customers can upgrade at no extra cost and various discounts apply for new and existing mobile customers.
Darina Sexton, Vodafone Ireland, 087 775 3000
Eilish Joyce, FTI Consulting, 087 791 4641
Notes to editor:
- Up to 10 times faster is compared to average DSL broadband speeds as published by ComReg for Ireland in Q4 2012.
- The new portfolio is available to all customers, new and existing from the 20th May. Fibre-powered broadband speeds are available to 300,000 homes and businesses in Clare, Donegal, Dublin, Galway, Limerick, Louth, Mayo, Meath, Sligo, Wexford and Wicklow. For those areas where fibre-powered speeds are not yet available the same product benefits will be provided but broadband speeds will be the maximum speed the customer’s line can support. Once fibre power is enabled, customers can then migrate to the new fibre-powered broadband speeds for free.
- No extra costs’ applies to new fibre packages when compared to standard equivalent Vodafone at Home products available on http://www.vodafone.ie/ as of April 2013 and is subject to entering a new minimum term contract
Vodafone’s new fibre-powered broadband portfolio includes:
Price per month
Key Features & Benefits
Vodafone Simply Broadband
20GB broadband usage at speeds of up to 70Mbps
Vodafone Simply Broadband Max
Unlimited broadband usage and broadband speeds of up to 70Mbps
Vodafone Simply Talk
100 minutes to Irish mobile, Landline and international calls
Unlimited broadband usage at speeds of up to 70Mbps plus 100 mobile minutes.
Landline and International calls
Vodafone Home Extra
Unlimited broadband usage at speeds of up to 70Mbps plus 100 Irish mobile/ international minutes and unlimited local and national & UK landline calls.
Vodafone Home Extra Max
Unlimited broadband usage at speeds of up to 70Mbps plus 200 Irish mobile/ international minutes and unlimited landline calls to Ireland/UK. 30 minutes to Australia/ UK/ USA and New Zealand mobiles
Depending on the contract, there may be an install fee as follows:
Walk away working (Optional extra – we install and connect your new modem)
Install fees do not apply to existing Vodafone at Home customers.
Vodafone is Ireland’s leading total communications provider with 2.45 million customers across mobile, fixed line and DSL. At 31 December 2012 Vodafone Ireland’s mobile telecoms base was 2.2 million.
Vodafone is one of the world’s largest mobile communications companies by revenue with approximately 407 million customers in its controlled and jointly controlled markets as of 31 December 2012. Vodafone currently has equity interests in over 30 countries across five continents and more than 50 partner networks worldwide. For more information, please visit http://www.vodafone.com/