GENApps website features advanced IP applications that add real value to the way people communicate and conduct business
Frisco, TX, December 7, 2010 – GENBAND, a leading developer of IP infrastructure and service solutions, today unveiled a web-based showcase that provides service providers and end-users a first-hand look at the latest applications designed to improve business collaboration and productivity, such as unique point-to-point video and video conferencing capabilities. Dubbed “GENApps,” the new showcase (http://genapps.genband.com) will initially feature a number of the most in-demand, advanced IP communication applications developed by GENBAND, its partners and the developer community. All of these applications are powered by GENBAND’s industry-leading A2™ Converged Application Server and the innovative GENBAND GENiUS™ platform, and are designed to help service providers increase revenues and subscriber loyalty through the delivery of advanced IP business enterprise and residential communications applications.
“We continue to see increasing subscriber demand for more advanced business and residential communication applications, from converged mobile and fixed services to robust IP voice, multimedia and presence functionality,” said Diane Myers, Directing Analyst, Infonetics Research . “The array of IP-enabled applications featured in GENBAND’s virtual showcase helps service providers to unlock untapped revenues and improve subscriber retention by visually demonstrating these types of capabilities to their customers.”
“Service providers around the globe depend on GENBAND’s industry-leading portfolio of IP solutions to transition to their networks and deliver new tools that enhance the subscriber’s communications experience,” said Mehmet Balos, Chief Marketing Officer, GENBAND. “Our virtual showcase demonstrates the myriad ways that service providers can increase revenues and subscriber growth by offering new, sophisticated IP communication applications that improve productivity and business communications.”
GENApps features several advanced IP-based applications, including:
- Unified Communications (UC) applications that combine enterprise voice, email, video conferencing, presence and mobility applications into a single, converged network. GENBAND’s UC application has been widely deployed and includes a PC-based call control capability through GENBAND’s Personal Communicator PC client, which allows users to handle incoming calls, view call logs, manage voicemail and send and receive text messages from their PC.
- Integrated Audio, Video and UC Collaboration Conferencing applications that enhance business collaboration and productivity. This application allows meeting participants to launch a UC collaboration session and also broadcast or share their desktop with meeting attendees in real-time. Enterprises with distributed workforces can leverage this application to maximize productivity and reduce travel expenses.
- Enterprise Mobility Application that helps transform any mobile Smartphone into a Hosted-IP office extension, giving mobile workers access to the same corporate network voice calling features as their desk phones, including internal extension dialing, conferencing and call transferring while consolidating all devices under one business phone number. This has been successfully deployed by carriers such as Bell Aliant, one of North America’s largest regional communications providers.
- Personal Agent Web Portal application that enables an end-user to quickly and easily personalize their communication services without having to make a request to the service provider. This application gives an end-user greater control and flexibility over their network configuration and capabilities.
- Advanced Messaging applications, allowing users to better manage messages by enabling access to voice messages directly from a mobile handset, with an email-like display that interacts with the user’s contact list. VoIP subscribers receive messages quickly, intuitively, and easily, and they benefit from a refreshing voicemail experience.
In the coming months, GENBAND will add the following functionality and applications categories:
- GENApps Developer Community that will facilitate the sharing of ideas between developers, service providers and end-users on 3rd party developed applications. In addition to uploading applications, developers can test their applications against an A2 in the community sandbox.
- Web 2.0 Customer Service applications that integrate telecom functions such as click-to-call, IM and video applications into a company’s website to improve customer service and provide a more interactive and personalized experience.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) applications that allow a sales person to better manage their customer interactions and, for example, immediately connect with their customers via “click-to-call” from Google mail or Yahoo mail.
- Integrated applications targeted at specific vertical markets, such as healthcare, government, legal and education enterprise segments.
GENBAND is a global leader of IP infrastructure and service solutions, helping fixed, mobile and cable service providers around the world evolve communications networks through IP innovation. The Company offers market-leading Switching, Networking and Service solutions, with products deployed in over 600 customer networks spanning more than 80 countries. GENBAND is headquartered in Frisco, Texas, and has operations in 50 countries. To learn more, visit us on the web at www.genband.com.