Grandstream Launches Free Softphone App for Android™
Grandstream Wave Allows Users to Make and Receive SIP based Voice Calls on Android Devices
Boston, MA (February 5, 2015) – Grandstream Networks, the leading provider of IP voice and video solutions, today announced the launch of Grandstream Wave, a free softphone application for Android devices. Grandstream Wave allows business and residential users to make and receive SIP based voice calls over Wi-Fi using any Android mobile devices running Android 4.0 or higher. This free app can be downloaded from the Google Play Store and supports the integration of up to 6 SIP accounts, 6-way voice conferencing and a number of advanced telephony features. With Grandstream Wave, SMB, Enterprise and residential users will always have access to their SIP lines over Wi-Fi and can easily keep in touch with their contacts on Android mobile devices without using expensive cellular data plans.
Grandstream Wave is compatible with most 3rd parties’ SIP based communication platforms and IP PBX systems, including Grandstream’s award-winning UCM6xxx series of IP PBXs. It supports most of the popular SIP telephony features available on modern IP phones, including call transfer, call forward, PBX extension monitoring (24 virtual BLF/speed dial keys), enterprise LDAP phonebook integration, and more. Additionally, UCM6xxx series of IP PBXs can generate a 2D barcode that can be scanned using any Android device running the Grandstream Wave app to automatically provision an extension with that device.
Key Features and Technical Specifications for Grandstream Wave
· Supports G.711µ/a, G.722 (HD-audio), G.726-32, GSM, iLBC, Opus (HD-audio), and Speex codecs
· Requires Android 4.0+
· Strong security features including SIP over TLS and SRTP with 128/256-bit AES encryption
· Supports up to 6 SIP accounts, 6-way audio conference, and 24 virtual BLF/speed-dial keys
· Native integration with mobile phone’s existing settings including contact, call history and ringtones.
· Advanced enterprise telephony features including SIP based IP PBX integration, BLF, call transfer/pickup, LADP, and call recording with Grandstream’s UCM6xxx series of IP PBX
· Automatic call forwarding based on time and location rules
· Powerful NAT traversal options including automatic NAT discovery, STUN and UPnP
· Automated and secure provisioning including XML provisioning or 2-D barcode scan
· Easy voice channel switching among earphone, speakerphone, Bluetooth headset, and corded headset
· Customizable skins and themes
Upcoming Grandstream Wave Webinars
Grandstream will hold the following two webinars to introduce Grandstream Wave
Thursday February 19, 9:30am EDT: Click here to sign up
Thursday, February 19, 3:30pm EDT: Click here to sign up
Additional Product Resources
Click here to view detailed information on Grandstream Wave, including marketing/technical resources.
About Grandstream Networks
Founded in 2002, Grandstream Networks is the leading manufacturer of IP voice/video telephony and video surveillance solutions. Grandstream serves the SMB and consumer markets with innovative products that lower communication costs, increase security protection, and enhance productivity. Our open standard SIP-based products offer broad interoperability in the industry, unrivaled features, flexibility, and price-performance competitiveness. Visit www.grandstream.com for more information or connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.