HUAWEI ANNOUNCES NEW ECOSYSTEM OF SERVICES FOR HUAWEI CUSTOMERS FOR 2018
Huawei Consumer Business Group announces new Mobile Services for Europe, including content partnerships for upcoming Huawei AppStore and Huawei Video Service, in addition to a demo from MobileIron at Huawei eco-CONNECT Europe 2017
Berlin, Germany — October 26th, 2017 – Huawei Consumer Business Group (CBG), the World´s number three smartphone vendor, today announced the expansion of its China-based ecosystem to Western Europe. At Huawei eco-CONNECT Europe 2017, held at the CityCube in Berlin, Germany, Huawei unveiled several new Mobile Services, content partnerships with 15 key app and game developers, as well as two strategic partnerships with key video content providers. These announcements were made ahead of the launch of Huawei AppStore and Huawei Video Service in 2018.
Additionally, during Huawei eco-CONNECT, MobileIron will provide a demonstration of ZeroTouch Enrollment into MobileIron Cloud with the recently launched Huawei Mate10 Pro. The demo shows how IT departments and users can remove the hassle of hands-on configuration of company-owned Android smartphones and tablets.
“The Silk Road was significant for bringing prosperity to East and West. Huawei Consumer Business Group, the world’s number three smartphone vendor, already has several million users in China and Europe. With this strong customer base we are determined to extend the legacy of the Silk Road into the digital age. We will do this by growing the European market together with partners, collaborating on AI and content first as well as extending our global reach” said Walter Ji, President of Consumer Business Group, Huawei Western Europe.
The Huawei AppStore has truly Global coverage, offering a wide variety of top quality apps and games with an average 4.3/5-star rating, and has app discovery and recommendation features that help people find interesting content in new ways. Each app and game goes through vigorous testing, with only the best accepted in the store.
The Huawei Video Service will be ads-free, and features both global and local content. The service features deep integration with Huawei Video Player, a broad catalogue of movies and TV series, and has been ergonomically designed for an optimal Mobile experience. Both the Huawei AppStore and Huawei Video Service will be pre-installed on all Huawei and Honor phones, with global rollout starting in Q1 2018.
Other Mobile Services to be announced by Huawei today include Automated app and game recommendations during the initial OOBE (Out Of the Box Experience) setup. New device owners can choose to install popular and locally relevant apps for free during the setup, with no need to search for them on the app store after the first boot. Users can also check for weekly recommendations from a dedicated Recommendations folder in their phone, which will feature the apps and games that are popular in their country.
Huawei will also introduce paid Themes in the Huawei Themes Store in Q1 2018. Huawei Themes Store is pre-installed in all Huawei and Honor phones and is available in more than 200 countries and regions. The store has more than 160M active users who download over 40M new Themes every month. Local designers and brands across the globe can publish and sell their designs globally via Huawei Themes Store.
All apps, games and themes are published in to the Huawei AppStore and Theme Store via Huawei Developer Alliance, a global publishing portal for Huawei. Over 240,000 app and game developers have already joined Huawei Developer Alliance with more than $400 million revenue being paid to app developers in 2016.
Huawei has announced multiple top quality content partnerships ahead of launch of the Huawei AppStore, including:
- MobiSystem – The leading provider of mobile productivity and business applications will bring over 20 apps to the Huawei AppStore.
- Skoobe – A reading startup from Munich transforms smartphones and tablets into a huge entertainment library with more than 200,000 books from more than 4,800 publishers.
- VizEat – The world´s largest social eating platform, VizEat connects travelers and local hosts around the world to create authentic food experiences at their home.
- APUS Group – APUS User System automatically sorts the apps on the home screen, cleans and boosts the phone’s RAM and adds new themes and wallpapers on a monthly basis.
- NLL APPS – An indie developer that will launch three apps, including call and sound recorders.
- Goodgame Studios – A leading free-to-play, online games development company with over 300 million registered users worldwide.
- Imperia Online LTD – One of the biggest game production companies in Southeastern Europe with 24 released games that are used by more than 40 million people worldwide.
- Bigpoint & Yoozoo – The German publisher and developer is well-known for its browser games such as Farmerama, Seafight and DarkOrbit Reloaded which have hundreds of millions of players.
- Sygic – A global navigation leader in the automotive, travel and mobility industries, Sygic GPS Navigation is the world’s most advanced navigation app, trusted by more than 200 million users worldwide.
- Cliqz GmbH – Cliqz is the first browser with a built-in quick search and heuristic Anti-Tracking technology for better privacy protection.
- Tribuna Digital – Tribuna Digital brings all its apps to the Huawei AppStore to help more fans around the world stay in touch with the games, teams and leagues they love.
- Bonial.com – A leading location-based worldwide shopping platform, which allows owners to discover deals, follow favourite stores and create shopping lists.
- Vodafone Spain Foundation – A non-profit organisation aimed to promote people with disabilities, and seniors’ autonomy. EVA Facial Mouse is a free application that allows owners to control an Android device by tracking the movements of the head.
- BTC.com – A leading multi-platform Bitcoin & Bitcoin Cash wallet.
- Stremio – A one-stop entertainment hub that lets people discover, organise, stream and share video content from different sources.
Additionally, Huawei will be working with two video content partners, Under The Milky Way and ATRESMEDIA, to populate the Huawei Video Service ahead of its launch. Both providers will be key contributors to the Huawei Video Service, and are committed to extending the reach and audience for their content by participating in new services and new markets, starting with this video service.
- Under The Milky Way is an international digital film and documentary distributor that distributes more than 4,000 films on behalf of more than 400 rights-holders in 100 countries around the world.
- ATRESMEDIA is a leading Spanish content producer for both TV and feature films. The family of TV channels of ATRESMEDIA include Antena 3, la Sextra, Neox, Nova, Mega and Atreseries.
Finally, at HUAWEI eco-Connect 2017, MobileIron will provide a demonstration of ZeroTouch Enrollment into MobileIron Cloud with the just launched Huawei Mate10 Pro (one of the first devices to support Zero Touch). The demo shows how IT departments and users can remove the hassle of hands-on configuration of company-owned Android smartphones and tablets. MobileIron and ZeroTouch allows the IT Administration to secure devices, and install and configure applications in minutes, in order to streamline employee productivity. On the first boot, Google authenticates whether the device is part of ZeroTouch – if so, the device downloads the MobileIron Go App, which then enrolls the device into MobileIron Cloud to receive policies, configurations and apps.
Also, MobileIron shows UEM using Windows 10 on a Huawei MateBook X with MobileIron Bridge. MobileIron Bridge closes the gap between modern EMM and legacy PC management. Besides significantly reducing costs, MobileIron Bridge increases efficiency while ensuring consistent security for PCs and mobile devices. In addition, MobileIron demos a beta version of EMM for Linux based devices such as IoT Gateways with MobileIron Cloud on a Raspberry Pi.
About Huawei Consumer BG
Huawei’s products and services are available in more than 170 countries, and are used by a third of the world’s population, ranking third in the world in mobile phone shipments in 2015. Sixteen R&D centers have been set up in the United States, Germany, Finland, Sweden, Russia, India and China. Huawei’s Consumer BG is one of Huawei’s three business units and covers smartphones, mobile broadband devices, home devices and cloud services. Huawei’s global network is built on 20 years of expertise in the telecom industry and is dedicated to delivering the latest technological advances to consumers around the world.
For more information about Huawei Mobile Service, visit our websites: