Huawei experiences growth in global markets while becoming the top smartphone brand in China
With Huawei shipping 108 million smartphones in 2015, the company cemented its position among the top three in market share, while, significantly reducing the gap to the competition. Additionally, Huawei has held the highest market share in China since March 2015, during which is launched two premium smartphones, the P8 and Mate S. Along with its breakthrough in China, Huawei experienced great success in global markets. In western Europe, Huawei’s market share in the high-end smartphone market (phones priced between 400 to 500 Euros) exceeded 60 percent, and, and the company ranked in the top three in market share in Spain, Italy, Belgium, Switzerland, Portugal and several other countries. In addition, Huawei shipped more than 12 million smartphones in Latin America during 2015, a year-over-year increase of 68 percent. In northeast Europe, shipments exceeded 3.46 million, a 114 percent increase from 2014, while 12 million smartphones were sold in the Middle East and Africa exceeded, ranking second in market share.
Huawei also continued to increase its brand awareness and had notable achievements in this area:
· Huawei was ranked 88th in Interbrand’s Top 100 Global Brands list, an increase from 97th in 2014.
· Huawei was named the 70th most valuable global brand according to the the BrandZ 100 list.
· According to a report by the world-renowned research institution IPSOS, Huawei ranked first in brand awareness growth, jumping from 65 percent in 2014 to 76 percent in 2015, with more than 75 percent of consumers now aware of Huawei’s smartphones.
· Brand awareness significantly increased in European countries year-over-year: Portugal (87 percent); Italy (82 percent); Spain (79 percent); Netherlands (73 percent); Germany (68 percent).
· As Huawei’s brand awareness in key global markets increased, its Net Promoter Score (NPS) grew to 47, ranking third globally.
· Global shipments of the P8 reached 4.5 million, while the device received significant accolades, including: “Best Recommendation Award” from north European Ljud & Bild; “White Gold Award” from Danish Tech-Test; “Recommended Product Award” from top Norwegian review website Dinside.
· More than 7 million Mate 7 smartphones were shipped in 2015, while the device won “BEST of IFA 2014” and received awards from Android Authority, GSM Arena, and Tom’s Guide.
· Mate S shipments exceeded 800,000 within four months of its release, with sales occurring in 48 countries in Asia and Europe. It also won 9 global awards, including “BEST of IFA 2015” from both Global Technology Media GIGA and AndroidPIT.
· The Huawei Nexus 6P, produced in collaboration with Google, had a strong breakthrough in North America, selling out in the Google store within a month after its release. Globally, the Nexus 6P was sold in more than 60 countries and regions, instantly becoming a popular product and receiving excellent reviews from the technology media. It was also a finalist in “Holiday Season Recommendation”, “Editor’s Choice” and “Best of 2015” by gaining strong recommendations from various mainstream media, showcasing Huawei’s strong technology development, product design and manufacturing skills.