Level 3 Launches Carrier Neutral Secure Cellular Service
Enterprises Benefit from Redundancy and On-Demand Opportunities
BROOMFIELD, Colorado, Oct. 20, 2015 – Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE: LVLT) is launching a new product, Level 3 Secure Access Cellular Service, that uses both cellular and security technologies to provide a redundant and scalable option for Internet connectivity. This product is useful to businesses on two fronts. First, it supplies redundancy for business continuity capabilities. Second, it enables enterprise customers to take advantage of on-demand economy opportunities like rapid network connectivity deployment for site expansions and pop-up stores for retailers. Level 3 Secure Access Cellular is the latest addition to Level 3’s growing portfolio of managed security services, which includes its network-based DDoS Mitigation product launched in February 2015.
- Level 3 Secure Access Cellular is now available in North America and will be available winter 2015 in Europe and spring 2016 in Latin America.
- Level 3 Secure Access Cellular service provides a cost-effective, reliable, secure alternative to purchasing diverse network paths.
- This solution is cellular carrier-agnostic.
- Level 3 manages the connection with mainstream cellular providers.
- Level 3 Secure Access Cellular uses multi-vendor cellular connectivity to provide customers a back-up network connection for remote or branch locations, if a customer’s normal fiber connection is disrupted.
- If a disruption occurs, the solution is designed to switch from a dedicated Level 3 MPLS/IP Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection to cellular backup connectivity through a LTE network. This cellular backup, the Secure Access Site product tunnel (IPsec), runs over a cellular 3G or 4G network instead of a broadband or DSL connection.
- For additional product information, visit the Secure Access Cellular service Web page.
Anthony Christie, Chief Marketing Officer, Level 3 Communications
“Retail CIO’s rank security among their highest-priorities. In today’s cyber landscape, we know we need to provide a secure and reliable solution for their network connections. Secure Access Cellular gives enterprises added protection for business continuity so they don’t lose productivity, especially with the holiday season right around the corner.”
Chris Richter, Senior Vice President of Global Security Services, Level 3 Communications
“At Level 3, we continue to enhance our security services portfolio to meet the growing requirements of our customers to protect their data without compromising network performance. Secure Access Cellular provides enterprises a dependable and flexible solution that combines backup connectivity with robust network security.”
About Level 3 Communications
Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE: LVLT) is a Fortune 500 company that provides local, national and global communications services to enterprise, government and carrier customers. Level 3’s comprehensive portfolio of secure, managed solutions includes fiber and infrastructure solutions; IP-based voice and data communications; wide-area Ethernet services; video and content distribution; data center and cloud-based solutions. Level 3 serves customers in more than 500 markets in over 60 countries across a global services platform anchored by owned fiber networks on three continents and connected by extensive undersea facilities. Level 3 services are provided by subsidiaries of Level 3 Communications, Inc. For more information, visit www.level3.com or get to know us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.