Level 3 Takes Security to the Network and Leverages the Cloud to Defend Customers
The Launch of Next-generation Enterprise Security Gateway Helps Enterprises Reduce IT Complexity, Streamline Costs and Improve Performance
BROOMFIELD, Colorado, May 25, 2016 – Today, Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE: LVLT) launches Enterprise Security Gateway (ESG), a cloud-based network security solution that reduces the cost and complexity of security without sacrificing performance.
As enterprises strive to grow their business, security is a top concern. They need a simplified approach. Cloud applications, mobile employees and BYOD policies have forced enterprises to change their approach to defending the perimeter. If you add to this the complex legacy security architectures in place, ballooning security budgets, the tumultuous threat environment and a shortage of qualified security professionals in the industry, enterprises are facing a true challenge. These factors drove Level 3 to build ESG, a secure, efficient solution that leverages Level 3’s global fiber footprint, network capacity and comprehensive next-generation security services in its cloud-based gateways. ESG is available globally starting June 30.
Use Case: Redefining the Security Perimeter
- With ESG, customers can move the security perimeter from their enterprise or data center to the Level 3 network, simplifying their security infrastructure and realizing operational efficiencies and cost savings.
- For example, without ESG, a customer who purchases an on-premise firewall will typically purchase two boxes for each location for redundancy. Along with the initial hardware purchase, the enterprise also will need to pay for maintenance and personnel to manage the box. For an enterprise with multiple locations, these costs add up.
- ESG breaks the hardware dependency cycle by moving security to the network. No matter where an employee or office is located, traffic is routed to one of Level 3’s globally dispersed gateways, where a collection of security services can be accessed.
- ESG uses Level 3’s network to provide carrier agnostic, network-based security protection – data on any device at any location through any connection or carrier can be secure.
- From anywhere in the world, customers can leverage Level 3’s global IP backbone capacity, more than 42 Terabits per second (Tbps), and rich interconnection agreements to access security tools hosted in gateways.
- ESG offers multiple carrier-class security services for customers, including anti-malware with sandboxing, data loss protection, application awareness and enforcement and next-generation firewall
- ESG is backed by Level 3’s threat research, providing actionable intelligence for customers.
- Customers select the individual security controls within the gateways they need.
- ESG leverages its cloud-based architecture to “future-proof” customer security environments by breaking the hardware dependency cycle.
- Single Viewpoint: Through Level 3’s customer portal, users can view their entire ESG ecosystem, enabling access to a multitude of reports and gateway performance metrics.
- Rein in Cost: Security spending has ballooned to 21 percent of IT budgets across most industry sectors, more than doubling over the past two years, according to a March 2016 Forrester report. ESG is an adaptive solution enterprises can use to offset costs and reduce capital investments.
- Uniform Global Security Policy: A network-based security solution is the key to:
- Simplified management of firewalls and security controls
- Around-the-clock protection; customers have access to Level 3’s 24/7 Security Operations Centers and professionals
- Decreasing operational complexity to make the most of lean security teams
- Establishing a flexible environment to enable users to add new controls on demand
- Scalable deployment of security solutions around the globe
- The solution offers add-on professional services to help companies assess vulnerabilities, prioritize which technologies are needed to address their most serious risks and assist customers with their migration from premise firewall to the cloud.
Frank Dickson, Security Analyst, Frost & Sullivan
“ESG is part of a macro trend within security, moving from a product focus to a solution focus. ESG leverages Level 3’s extensive telecom infrastructure to address the key network security pain points of enterprises today: escalating security costs, complex security ecosystems and a scarcity of trained security professionals. By redefining the security perimeter, customers have the ability to apply and leverage an integrated collection of security tools and professionals within the Level 3 network, removing the need for constant on-premise hardware updates while controlling IT budgets. The future is in the cloud; ESG provides a solution for enterprises to strategically leverage the cloud to simplify their security architecture while improving efficacy in the process.”
Anthony Christie, Chief Marketing Officer, Level 3
“With today’s global launch of Enterprise Security Gateway (ESG), Level 3 continues to enhance our network-based enterprise security solutions portfolio. With ESG, enterprises can fundamentally shift their security perimeter to the Level 3 network cloud where customers can then access a state of the art collection of security solutions, tools and technical expertise. ESG reinforces Level 3’s commitment to our customers where everything we do is intended to allow them to grow their business faster, operate their networks more efficiently and to do both in a secure fashion.”
- Product Brochure
- Infographic: Security as a Service
- Video: Why Enterprise Security Gateway? Chris Richter addresses the challenges facing enterprises today, and what Level 3 decided to do about it.
- Video: Network-based Security Overview
- Video: Strategies for the Evolving Threat Landscape
- Video: Accelerating Business Through the Cloud
About Level 3 Communications
Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE: LVLT) is a Fortune 500 company that provides local, national and global communications services to enterprise, government and carrier customers. Level 3’s comprehensive portfolio of secure, managed solutions includes fiber and infrastructure solutions; IP-based voice and data communications; wide-area Ethernet services; video and content distribution; data center and cloud-based solutions. Level 3 serves customers in more than 500 markets in over 60 countries across a global services platform anchored by owned fiber networks on three continents and connected by extensive undersea facilities. For more information, please visit www.level3.com or get to know us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.