License Dashboard Launches New Software License Database Solution
License Analyzer provides complete enterprise-wide license visibility at entry-level price
Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference, Toronto, Canada, 9 July 2012: License Dashboard, the leading developer of Software Asset Management (SAM) solutions, today announced the launch of License Analyzer, a new entry-level license management product aimed at organizations taking their first steps into software license management.
Based on the same advanced technology as License Dashboard’s highly-successful License Manager, License Analyzer provides a comprehensive and intelligent software license inventory. Launched today at the Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference 2012, License Analyzer provides organizations with a ‘single source of truth’ for collating, monitoring and managing all software licenses purchased across their enterprise – something most organizations fail to accomplish. This is achieved by collating all of the information relating to an organization’s software licenses into a central location and intelligently aggregating it into a unified view of all license entitlements. License Analyzer is the ideal product for organizations that have never reviewed their licensing position before and is priced accordingly to allow any organization to take its first steps towards effective software license management.
“If your organization doesn’t have a comprehensive license management solution in place, the chances are you are over-spending on software by around 20 per cent. At the same time, you now face a greater risk of a software audit than ever before. By proactively managing software licenses, you can reduce both costs and risks as well as ensure that users across the organization have legitimate access to the software applications they need. With the launch of License Analyzer, organizations of any size can take their first steps towards effective software license management by having a unified view of their license entitlements,” says Matt Fisher, sales & marketing director, License Dashboard.
“License Analyzer is the entry-level product the market has been waiting for. While most companies understand the importance of software asset management, many are intimidated by the scale of the task. As a low cost and low risk solution, License Analyzer is the perfect entry point for an organization who is otherwise intimidated by a full-blown software asset management programme,” says Ian Ellis, head of sales at Phoenix Software, a License Dashboard partner.
“As a reseller we are very excited by License Analyzer because its low cost of entry opens doors that would otherwise have been closed to us. Once an organization sees how straightforward it is to consolidate their licensing position with License Analyzer, we find they are more open to implementing more comprehensive software asset management programmes,” concludes Ellis.
With everything you need to record and understand your entitlements in a single console, no other solution can match License Analyzer for speed of implementation and return on investment. From the rapid upload of license records to the automatic validation of entitlements, intelligent aggregation of licenses to full management reporting suite, License Analyzer is the perfect partner for building complete visibility of licensing across the organization. Key features include:
1. Seamless import and centralization of software licenses: License Analyzer offers four import options to ensure that centralizing and consolidating software licenses couldn’t be easier or faster.
2. Powerful vendor-specific dictionaries: Unlike other solutions on the market, License Analyzer is much more than a static license repository. With vendor-specific software dictionaries updated every single day (supporting nearly 10,000 vendors and more than 350,000 applications), License Analyzer not only stores software licenses, it also validates them as well – ensuring that recorded entitlements are in-line with software vendor’s catalogs and conditions.
3. At-a-glance license position: License Analyzer not only collects all individual licenses into a single, centralized location, it also has the ability to automatically aggregate license entitlements (by both organization and business unit), giving a full picture of the organization’s overall licensing position.
4. Future-proof license management: License Analyzer offers a seamless upgrade path to License Manager, License Dashboard’s advanced software asset management solution. All of the license entitlement information collated in the License Analyzer database can be retained and used by License Manager to reconcile against software usage, allowing businesses to cut their software spend, manage software procurement and respond instantly to software audit requests.
License Analyzer is available now as an annual subscription with three pricing tiers dependant on the software licensing dictionary chosen (Microsoft only, Microsoft & Adobe, or All Vendors). The solution is competitively priced in bands up to 10,000 seats (with 10,000+ pricing available on request).
For more information, visit http://www.licensedashboard.com/licenseanalyzer.html
· For a free white paper on how to survive a software audit, visit http://www.licensedashboard.com/how-to-survive-a-software-audit.aspx
· Visit the License Dashboard SAM blog: http://www.licensedashboard.com/SAMblog/
· Follow License Dashboard on Twitter: @LDLtd
About License Dashboard
License Dashboard develops solutions designed to help organizations of all sizes reduce the costs and risks associated with software management across the corporate network. License Dashboard solutions are sold and supported through a global network of accredited resellers. License Dashboard is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Blenheim Group, a privately-owned technology group headquartered in the UK.