Three-quarters are optimistic that technology will create new career opportunities
Ricoh Europe, London, 23 June 2022 – New research commissioned by Ricoh Europe, which polled 3,000 office workers across the UK, Ireland, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands and Spain, reveals that:
- 73% trust that their workplace is investing in technology now to meet the workforce requirements of the future
- 75% are optimistic about the opportunities technology can bring to their career – a 19% increase since 2020
- 34% think they will work with robots or AI at their workplace in the next 5 years – an increase of 24% since last year
- 85% expect their employer to provide the tools and training to help them adapt to new roles as technology changes
- 53% agree that their employer provides the right technology and creates a culture that supports how they need to work
- 35% say it is difficult to feel motivated and engaged while remote working due to communication / technology problems – an increase of 20% since 2020
- 44% think their company culture suffered during coronavirus restrictions
Nicola Downing, CEO, Ricoh Europe, says: “Investing in the right technology for hybrid working is intrinsically linked to its success, as is having a robust future-proof strategy in place. Both employees and decision makers are realising the potential for technology to boost careers and workplace culture. Using technology to create the right workplace experience is vital to attracting and retaining the best people in a market where digital-savvy talent is in such high demand.”
|About Ricoh |
Ricoh is empowering digital workplaces using innovative technologies and services that enable individuals to work smarter from anywhere.
With cultivated knowledge and organizational capabilities nurtured over its 85-year history, Ricoh is a leading provider of digital services, information management, and print and imaging solutions designed to support digital transformation and optimize business performance.
Headquartered in Tokyo, Ricoh Group has major operations throughout the world and its products and services now reach customers in approximately 200 countries and regions. In the financial year ended March 2022, Ricoh Group had worldwide sales of 1,758 billion yen (approx. 14.5 billion USD).