ELECTION REINFORCES MEF’S STRENGTH IN MOBILE CONTENT AND COMMERCE
Miami, December 2, 2010 – MEF has announced the results of its hotly contested North American board elections. Gary Schwartz, Impact Mobile, was re-elected as Chairman of the Board and Sanjaya Krishna, KPMG, was re-elected as Vice Chairman. New companies with representation on the board now include Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, PaymentOne, Sidebar, Sixth Sense Media, and OpenMarket. These join existing board members from Dada Entertainment, Playphone, Samsung, and T-Mobile.
The election took place during MEF Americas 2010, an annual gathering of leaders in the mobile content and commerce industries from North and Latin America to set the agenda and grow the market for nearly one billion mobile subscribers.
“The expanded North American MEF board includes leaders from across the content and commerce value chains”, said Gary Schwartz chairman of MEF North America. “Their expertise will help MEF and its members to accelerate and protect the mobile content and commerce industries including defining business models and best practices for privacy and security.”
The MEF North American Board includes:
- Chairman: Gary Schwartz, CEO, Impact Mobile
- Vice-Chairman: Sanjaya Krishna, Principal & US Digital Services Leader, KPMG LLP
- Ron Czerny, CEO and Founder, Playphone
- Richard Berger, SVP, Global Digital Strategy and Operations, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
- Massimiliano Pellegrini, CEO, Dada Entertainment and Managing Director Dada.net
- Patrick Kennedy, CEO, Sidebar
- John Orlando, EVP, Worldwide Marketing and Business Development, Sixth Sense Media
- Cindy Tai, Vice President, Products and Marketing, OpenMarket
- Joe Lynam, CEO and Founder, PaymentOne
- Dan Mo, Senior Program Manager, T-Mobile USA
- Gavin Kim, Vice President, Content & Data Services and Enterprise Mobility, Samsung Telecommunications America
About MEF Americas 2010: Mobile Content & Commerce
MEF Americas 2010: Mobile Content & Commerce is the annual gathering of leaders in the mobile content and commerce industries from North and South America to set the agenda and grow the market for nearly one billion mobile subscribers Taking place on November 30 and December 1, 2010 in Miami, the conference features two MEF Leadership Summits providing an unprecedented opportunity for leaders from across the Americas to address the industry’s key dynamics and drive new business.
MEF Americas 2010: Mobile Content & Commerce features keynotes from Nokia, Macy’s and Sony Pictures Home Entertainment and includes sessions that focus on the fastest-moving segments of the market, including: the transformation of the mobile ecosystem; the technology and platforms that are enabling m-commerce; the next great idea in apps and services; mobile discovery as a sales channel for the retail market; security and privacy in the mobile age; and harnessing the power of social media.
The event is supported by 14 Founding Members including Dada, Dolby, Impact Mobile, KPMG, mBlox, Movile, Neomobile, OpenMarket, Ovi by Nokia, PaymentOne, PlayPhone, Samsung Mobile, Syniverse, Wau Movile.