Motorola Solutions Expands Award-Winning APX™ Project 25 Phase 2 TDMA Radio Series
Addition of APX 4000 portable radio for public works, utilities and rural public safety users delivers the first complete portfolio of Project 25 (P25) Phase 2 Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA) two-way portable radios
CHICAGO (IACP, Motorola Solutions Booth # 1100) – Oct. 24, 2011 – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) today announced the newest addition to its award-winning APX™ P25 Phase 2 TDMA mission critical two-way radio series. The APX™ 4000 portable is designed to provide public works, utilities and rural public safety users with a durable and compact radio with key features. All radios in the Motorola APX series are P25 Phase 2 capable and designed to help redefine safety for users with best-in-class features, functionality and design.
- The APX 4000 provides the mission critical benefits of the APX P25 TDMA family of radios with an easy-to-use form factor for public works, utilities and rural public safety users. The P25 Phase 2 TDMA technology provides twice the voice capacity of Frequency Division Multiple Access (FDMA) technology for more efficient use of spectrum, providing users improved system access.
- Like other APX radios, the APX 4000 has a two-microphone design that reduces background noise so you can speak and hear clearly in challenging environments, an easy user interface and intelligent lighting.
- The APX 4000 is the smallest and lightest P25 Phase 2-capable portable radio in the industry. Simplified controls and an enlarged multi-function knob make it easy to turn the radio on or off, set volume and switch talk groups. Key features included in the radio are GPS outdoor location for personnel safety, encryption, mission critical wireless and over-the-air programming.
- The radio also allows public works and utility users to interoperate with P25 mission critical users.
- Durable and built to last, the APX 4000 is IP67 MIL-STD certified, allowing the radio to be immersed in water up to one meter for 30 minutes.
- The radio will be available in 700/800 MHz, VHF, UHF R1, UHF R2 and 900 MHz frequency bands. It is scheduled to begin shipping in North America in early 2012.
- APX 4000 is compatible with a flexible portfolio of slim batteries and audio accessories, including Motorola’s award-winning Bluetooth® Mission Critical Wireless earpieces and a comprehensive portfolio of remote speaker microphones.
Brenda Herold, corporate vice president, Motorola Solutions
“The APX portfolio of mission critical communication solutions continues to grow to meet the needs of public works, utilities and rural public safety users. With the launch of the APX 4000, Motorola Solutions is the first to offer a complete P25 Phase 2 mission critical portable radio portfolio, which already includes the APX 7000, APX 6000 and Extreme series. Motorola Solutions has designed something for everyone, providing the right device for the right user in every situation. This latest APX portable radio is designed with a mission critical mindset, and yet it is a compact and easy-to-use radio that fits the needs of public works, utilities and rural public safety users.”
Motorola Solutions APX portfolio: APX series of radios
APX XE Awards News Release: Motorola Solutions’ APX™ 7000XE P25 Portable Radio Earns Industry Recognition for Excellence in Product Design
Portal: Motorola Solutions Next Generation Public Safety
Facebook: Motorola Public Safety
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions is a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers. Through leading-edge innovation and communications technology, it is a global leader that enables its customers to be their best in the moments that matter. Motorola Solutions trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker “MSI.” To learn more, visit www.motorolasolutions.com. For ongoing news, please visit our media center or subscribe to our news feed.