MC959B rugged mobile computer enables enterprise users to access the 3G cellular network of their choice for maximum flexibility
SCHAUMBURG, Ill., Sept 21, 2010 /PRNewswire via COMTEX News Network/ — The Motorola Solutions business of Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT) today announced the MC959B mobile computer – the industry’s first industrial handheld mobile computer that allows mobile workers to easily select the wireless network that best meets their needs. The MC959B is a data-only device and offers a dual 3G WAN modem that enables enterprises to deploy the device on multiple networks and switch between 3.5G GSM HSUPA and 3.5 CDMA EVDO Rev A connections.
- The newest addition to Motorola’s premium-class MC9500-K series, the MC959B provides the flexibility enterprise organizations need with true WAN technology independence in the field.
- The new MC959B incorporates Qualcomm’s Gobi(TM) 3G/4G connectivity technology – one of the first embedded mobile wireless solutions designed to put an end to connectivity limitations. The new MC959B via MAX FlexWAN enables enterprises to deploy and later re-deploy the devices on virtually any 3.5G network, simplifying purchasing and device management.
- The MC959B is the industry’s most rugged mobile computer and designed for mobile field workers – including those in the transportation and logistics, parcel/post, direct store delivery, field service and public safety industries – who work in large territories with coverage areas that may be best served by different cellular networks.
- Motorola’s newest offering delivers reliable performance and can be activated on the enterprise network of choice and switched between multiple networks to ensure connectivity throughout the business day.
- Designed to improve operational efficiencies with superior ergonomics, the MC9500-K series of mobile computers, including the new MC959B, offers an unsurpassed feature set in a sleek and reliable form factor for enterprises demanding the most versatile and rugged solutions.
Girish Rishi, vice president and general manager of mobile computing, Motorola Solutions:
“Motorola’s flagship MC9500-K series raises the bar for premier rugged mobile computing with its breakthrough design and unsurpassed feature set that support the most demanding field mobility applications. The new and innovative MC959B, with its dual-WAN capabilities, demonstrates our continued efforts to provide our customers with the anywhere-anytime access to data applications that enterprise users need.”
Fram Akiki, senior director of product management, Qualcomm CDMA:
“The MC959B mobile computer from Motorola delivers rugged durability for demanding environments with flexibility in WWAN connectivity. By leveraging our Gobi connectivity technology, the MC959B is able to provide support for both HSPA and CDMA2000 networks, an important consideration for today’s enterprises whose businesses span broad geographic areas.”
Product Information: www.motorola.com/mc9500
Motorola is known around the world for innovation in communications and is focused on advancing the way the world connects. From broadband communications infrastructure, enterprise mobility and public safety solutions to mobile and wireline digital communication devices that provide compelling experiences, Motorola is leading the next wave of innovations that enable people, enterprises and governments to be more connected and more mobile. Motorola (NYSE: MOT) had sales of US $22 billion in 2009. For more information, please visit www.motorola.com.
+1.631.738.5426 [email protected]