Controller-based digital two-way radio system delivers high-capacity, scalable communications to enable increased productivity and safety for mobile work teams
SCHAUMBURG, Ill., Oct 05, 2010 /PRNewswire via COMTEX News Network/ — The Motorola Solutions business of Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT) today announced the launch of MOTOTRBO(TM) Connect Plus , a scalable multi-site digital trunking two-way radio system designed to accommodate high-volume, wide-area communication for mobile work teams. Connect Plus will be featured at the Motorola Solutions Road Show events, scheduled to begin on October 6, 2010, to provide channel partners with in-depth training and demonstrations of the solution.
- Scalable voice and data system extends coverage across one to six sites with a capacity of up to 29 talk paths and 2,900 users per site, and future expandability planned.
- Utilizes Time-Division Multiple-Access (TDMA) technology, the world’s most widely adopted digital technology, to deliver clear audio, integrated data applications and increased capacity with less hassle and less infrastructure.
- Wire-line console provides increased functionality and dispatch capability to effectively coordinate a mobile workforce from a centralized location.
- High-capacity voice and integrated data communication system includes text messaging and GPS for location tracking.
- Key capabilities include priority status, call queuing, dynamic site roaming, dynamic site assignment and network management.
- Allows for customized integration of applications from the MOTOTRBO Application Developer Program, the industry’s largest third-party worldwide developer program.
- Available now in UHF and VHF and 800/900 MHz frequency bands.
Paul Cizek, director, North America Professional/Commercial Radios, Motorola Solutions
“The addition of Connect Plus means Motorola Solutions now has a complete MOTOTRBO portfolio with multiple configurations available to meet the varying needs of end users. Connect Plus — with its controller-based architecture, digital multi-site trunking and seamless roaming — is the ideal solution for users in the public service, utilities and transportation markets. It’s also well-suited for select users in the manufacturing and hospitality markets who need a high-capacity, wide-area communication solution.”
Charles R. Tease, president, MRC Wireless, Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
“MOTOTRBO Connect Plus, with its multi-site functionality, is a great feature for our customers. Compared to the current analog trunking network, its roaming capabilities between sites are much faster, as is the connection time with the sites. The audio clarity of digital versus analog is also very impressive. All customers we’ve spoken with are impressed by the quality of the digital audio provided by Connect Plus.”
MOTOTRBO(TM) is a digital two-way radio solution using TDMA technology to deliver exceptional voice quality, extended battery performance and double the capacity for the price of one frequency license. In addition, infrastructure costs are half of FDMA based systems because a second call doesn’t need a second repeater. MOTOTRBO also provides integrated data including text messaging and customized applications such as location tracking, email interfaces, work order ticket management and system management via the industry’s largest Application Developer Program. MOTOTRBO also meets the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) mandate for VHF and UHF narrowbanding.
Motorola is known around the world for innovation in communications and is focused on advancing the way the world connects. From broadband communications infrastructure, enterprise mobility and public safety solutions to mobile and wireline digital communication devices that provide compelling experiences, Motorola is leading the next wave of innovations that enable people, enterprises and governments to be more connected and more mobile. Motorola (NYSE: MOT) had sales of US $22 billion in 2009. For more information, please visit www.motorola.com.