First deployment to provide full public safety offering of features to satisfy a multi-discipline environment
ORLANDO, Fla., Oct 25, 2010 /PRNewswire via COMTEX News Network/ — IACP – The Motorola Solutions business of Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT) today announced a significant advancement in the PremierOne(TM) product portfolio by providing multi-agency dispatch and response capabilities to Metropolitan Nashville & Davidson County, supporting its Police, Fire/Emergency Medical Services (EMS) and Office of Emergency Management (OEM) agencies. The successful transition of the Metro Nashville Emergency Communications Center (ECC) to PremierOne Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) R2.0 was upgraded without disruption to emergency dispatch operations. The system is also the first deployment of PremierOne CAD R2.0 interfaced to Premier MDC (PMDC) mobile – supporting more than 200 concurrent mobile users on an ongoing basis.
- Transitioned on September 19, 2010, PremierOne CAD R2.0 supports a consolidated communications center including Police, Fire, Medical, and OEM agencies.
- The deployment in Nashville includes a user interface uniquely designed for mission critical ECC operations, advanced law, fire and EMS recommendations, nearly 20 interfaces to external systems, and a fully replicated disaster recovery backup environment.
- Additional time-saving features and advanced functionality includes:
- An integrated work assist area for an enhanced view to vital information
- Reduced keystrokes to perform critical functions such as updating the status of all units on an incident with a single command
- A unique client design that allows for 6 independent work areas along with a consolidated view of current activities
- A more powerful command-line with context sensitive help and agency configurable command definitions
- Through integration with a Motorola Radio System, PremierOne CAD streamlines field communications with Push-To-Talk (PTT) notifications and unit status updates.
- With a newly architected interface to Deccan International’s LiveMUM software, PremierOne CAD R2.0 unit updates are now transmitted within seconds versus minutes, allowing real-time guidance for unit move-ups.
- To date, Nashville’s PremierOne CAD R2.0 has processed more than 100,000 incidents.
PremierOne is among the Motorola Next Generation Public Safety solutions being featured in Motorola Booth #2947 at the International Association of Chiefs of Police Conference through Oct. 26 in Orlando.
Tim Boyle, vice president, Applications Products and Solutions Team, Motorola Solutions:
“Metro Nashville ECC is taking an innovative and industry-leading approach as the first public safety answering point (PSAP) in the country to deploy and integrate PremierOne into a consolidated communications center supporting police, fire and medical responders. Nashville’s implementation of PremierOne(TM) CAD R2.0 is another significant proof point that Motorola is delivering on the promise of its Next Generation Public Safety vision. Nashville’s go-live is the realization of Motorola’s commitment to delivering a unified command and control platform.”
Duane Phillips, Director of the Emergency Communications Center, Nashville:
“We have been pleased to partner with Motorola and impressed with the ease of transition to PremierOne CAD. It is improving the way our dispatchers access, process and share critical information, which ultimately leads to faster and more effective responses for the community.”
Website: Motorola PremierOne(TM)
Motorola is known around the world for innovation in communications and is focused on advancing the way the world connects. From broadband communications infrastructure, enterprise mobility and public safety solutions to mobile and wireline digital communication devices that provide compelling experiences, Motorola is leading the next wave of innovations that enable people, enterprises and governments to be more connected and more mobile. Motorola (NYSE: MOT) had sales of US $22 billion in 2009. For more information, please visit www.motorola.com.