Nativ delivers media asset management industry first at IBC 2012
Mio v5.0 is first enterprise MAM and workflow solution with built-in project workspaces,browser-based editing and shot logging
Nativ IBC Stand: 4.A61e
London, 14 August 2012 – Nativ has today announced the launch of its revolutionary new platform Mio v5.0, the first enterprise media asset management and workflow solution with built-in social collaboration and browser-based editing.
Making its debut at IBC 2012, Mio v5.0 will enable broadcasters, production companies and other content owners to take back control of their assets and truly manage their entire content workflow, from creation to consumption in one place. The scalable and robust platform represents an entirely new way of accessing content management and production solutions and enables customers to cost-effectively maximise the use of their skilled internal resources.
Mio v5.0’s unique new features include:
· Project workspaces with advanced social features for ‘real-time’ global collaboration; remote working; and increased visibility of cost and resources on a per-project basis.
· Browser-based, frame accurate editing to eliminate the cost and complexity of moving large assets in and out of the cloud for simple media manipulation.
· Shot logging, enhanced search and deep indexing to organize huge volumes of archived content for easy search and access. Also allows for enhanced review and approval.
Based on Nativ’s signature MioEverywhere platform, Mio v5.0 will give content owners the ability to quickly respond to rapidly changing consumer demands for more content on more devices by combining the benefits of MioEverywhere – remote ingest, asset management, workflow automation, content repurposing, distribution and advanced reporting – with these revolutionary new features.
“The broadcast and production industries know how to embrace innovation in order to do what they do best and that is to create and deliver great content. By bringing editing, workflow and asset management together in the one platform content owners will be able to enhance their ability to process time-critical content accurately and cost effectively,” said Nativ CEO Jon Folland. “Combining logging, editing and collaboration with enterprise workflow and asset management is one of the final obstacles in cloud-based workflow management. It saves downloading and uploading huge files in and out of the cloud and Mio v5.0 has been designed specifically to overcome that hurdle. With that in mind I am really excited to introduce it at IBC.”
Mio v5.0 will be on display at Nativ’s IBC stand 4.A61e. MioEverywhere has been named as a finalist in the ConnectedWorld.tv awards “TV service delivery” category.
Nativ (www.nativ.tv) is redefining media management for today’s multiscreen world by removing the cost and complexity of managing and delivering content. By taking back control of their high value assets, content owners can manage their entire content workflow, from creation to consumption, on its MioEverywhere platform. This means they can be quicker to respond to rapidly changing consumer demands for more content, in more formats on more devices.
MioEverywhere is a scalable and robust platform that cost-effectively manages a company’s entire content processes in one place. Purchased as a software solution or “Platform as a Service” (PaaS), MioEverywhere allows content owners to:
· Remotely ingest video and audio content – while validating that it’s in the right format (even before it leaves your desktop)
· Manage all assets – with enterprise-class archiving, extensible metadata, tagging, shot-logging, deep indexing and searching
· Automate all workflows – enable global media collaboration and accelerate every process while cutting costs
· Repurpose content, and distribute it – to all web channels, mobile devices, consoles, VoD platforms, in-store kiosks and beyond
· Assess the impact – with easy-to-understand and relevant metrics.
Nativ is helping some of the world’s biggest brands, including Dolby, TV2, Tag, Nordisk, EMI and Audi optimise the efficiency of their media management operations and maximise the use of their skilled internal resources.
Follow us on twitter: @NativLtd