14th June, 2011
NCP Engineering Joins Trusted Computing Group
NCP Engineering Added to Trusted Member Directory for Companies Seeking Authorised Vendors
Enterprises who adopt the TNC as a model can access TCG’s Trusted Members directory and be confident that each vendor’s technology supports the architecture’s core tenets: enable intelligent policy decisions, dynamic security enforcement, and communications between security systems. Two such projects brought NCP and the TCG together: the ESUKOM project, which aims to develop a real-time security solution for enterprise networks that works based upon the correlation of metadata, and the VOGUE project, which aims to develop an integrated security platform allowing mobile devices to access different IT systems in a trustworthy manner. These projects are set to complete this year.
· NCP engineering has become an adopter level member of TCG and will contribute to the network security architecture project, TNC. This architecture is relied on by top enterprises around the world as the backbone of their network infrastructure.
· NCP engineering is currently working with TCG standards on two projects: the ESUKOM project, which aims to develop a real-time security solution for enterprise networks using the TNC IF-MAP Standard, and the VOGUE project, which aims to develop an integrated security platform allowing mobile devices to access different IT systems in a trustworthy manner, using the TNC NAC Standard and an NCP Ipsec Android client.
· The TCG is a non-profit organisation founded in 2003 to develop, define, and promote open standards that on which trusted solutions can be built, including layered network security, network access control (NAC), authentication, and data protection / encryption, technologies, among others.
· “Network security has been caught in a difficult position over the past few years. Virtualisation and cloud technology is redefining the network perimeter, while mobile device proliferation has caused stress for enterprises and of course the economy has hampered spending,” said Rainer Enders, CTO, Americas, NCP engineering. “What has resulted is a situation where enterprises know their network defenses are not what they need to be, however, they are often unsure of how to remedy the situation. Enter TCG and the value we recognised in their Trusted Network Connect architecture model. This is a baseline for companies to use and when our solution is applied to this framework, network architects will be able to truly rethink their secure remote network access.”
· Learn more about the next generation of network access from NCP, visit the company’s website http://www.ncp-e.com/index.php?id=660&L=1
· Reach NCP engineering on its blog, VPN Haus
· To learn more about the TCG, please visit their website, or follow them on Twitter
About NCP engineering, Inc.
Since its inception in 1986, NCP engineering has delivered innovative software that allows enterprises to rethink their remote access, and overcome the complexities of creating, managing and maintaining secure network access for staff. NCP’s award-winning product line spans the spectrum of remote access, from IPSec / SSL VPNs to endpoint firewalls and network access control (NAC) functions. The company’s products support organisations with complex remote user needs, who want to leverage the latest end-devices to increase staff productivity, reduce network administration and adapt policy changes on-the-fly. Each solution is interoperable with existing third-party software or hardware.