New Amdocs DigitalONE Platform to Transform Customer Care and Commerce for the Communications and Media Industry
Unique platform architecture – microservice-based and DevOps-ready – offers service providers the agility to innovate at speed
St. LOUIS Jan. 24, 2018 – Amdocs, a leading provider of software and services to communications and media companies, today announced its newest offering to help its customers accelerate their journey to become digital service providers: Amdocs DigitalONE. DigitalOne is a digital enablement platform for customer care and commerce spanning the entire order lifecycle. It allows communications and media companies the business agility to offer new digital experiences of the type and at the pace of native Internet companies like Amazon, Uber and Airbnb. Furthermore, they can offer this regardless of which business support system they have in the back-end.
This is enabled by the unique, microservices-based architecture of DigitalONE which offers a full DevOps environment. Each microservice constitutes an autonomous functionality that can be independently deployed – so that service providers can continuously improve commerce and care experiences by introducing new capabilities in short DevOps cycles. The platform itself is also cloud-native – so that it can scale on-demand to support changing activity levels. Furthermore, it incorporates open-source technologies and exposes application programming interfaces (APIs) that comply with TM Forum standards – so that new capabilities can be easily added by internal and external developers and re-used across engagement channels.
“Today’s customers expect nothing less than superior digital experiences when and where they want them; service provider care and commerce operations need to increase their agility if they are to deliver on this,” said Tim McElligott, senior consulting analyst at leading analyst firm Stratecast, a Frost & Sullivan company. “With DigitalONE, Amdocs has decomposed these areas of service provider operations into small microservices to do just that. Combined with Amdocs’ DevOps approach to platform delivery, this is the most advanced microservices value proposition so far in the industry.”
“We are proud to launch our next generation cloud-native, care and commerce digital offering, architected uniquely for the communications and media industry. This microservices-based platform is already deployed, serving millions of end users,” said Anthony Goonetilleke, group president of Amdocs Technology. “It is part of our open and integrated portfolio which offers service providers a variety of digital transformation approaches, from transforming a single channel to transforming the entire front-end care and commerce layer across channels, to a full-blown business transformation. Service providers are taking different paths depending on their business objectives and state of digital maturity, and with DigitalONE, we can help them see accelerated results and capture a leading position in the digital economy.”
DigitalONE is comprised of three different layers that can be deployed in a modular fashion: a digital microservices layer incorporating all care and commerce flows spanning ordering and product catalog processes, an omni-channel widget-based digital experience layer servicing agents and customers with visual web presentations of these flows, and an additional layer with channel-specific applications for self-service, retail, social, call centers and chatbots. Service providers can also choose to deploy their own channel-specific applications on top of it.
The platform enables service providers to offer existing and occasional customers a new level of care personalization in Telecom and a real, digital shopping experience. Leveraging a 360-degree customer view and embedded intelligence, it enables next-best-action and next-best-offer recommendations tailored to customer wants and needs. It does this consistently across channels and multi-play, partner and hard good offerings, with seamless handover between channels and between virtual and live agents.
Find out more about the new Amdocs DigitalONE platform
To find out more about the state of microservices use in Telecom, read this Stratecast report: “Microservices: A Role Player in the Cloud-Native Architecture”, published Oct, 2017
Keep up with Amdocs news by visiting the company’s website
Analyst Reports Place Amdocs at the Forefront of Digital Transformation and Cloud-Native Technologies
Reports call out technology readiness and delivery capabilities required to take the communications and media industry to next-generation architectures; Amdocs named leader in several critical areas
St. LOUIS Jan. 24, 2018 – Amdocs (NASDAQ: DOX), a leading provider of software and services to communications and media companies, today announced it was named leader by various prominent analyst firms in their latest reports and awards programs covering the industry’s IT landscape across vendor systems and services. Spanning areas critical to communications and media companies in their journey to become digital service providers, these reports cover front-end digital commerce and care capabilities, business and operational support systems (BSS and OSS), and software-based network capabilities.
The analyst reports and awards include:
- Heavy Reading ranks1 Amdocs as the global leader in the overall BSS/OSS market. According to Heavy Reading, in a market where the top five vendors have a collective market share of 61 percent, Amdocs has an estimated market share of 22 percent, which is equivalent to the combined market share of the second- and third-ranked vendors.
- Analysys Mason recognizes2 Amdocs as the global leader in the overall revenue management product-related market for the tenth consecutive year, with an estimated market share of 22 percent, nearly twice the size of the second-ranked vendor; in the same report Analysys Mason also recognizes Amdocs as the global market-share leader in revenue management product-related services with an estimated market-share of 29 percent, equivalent to the market share of the second-, third- and fourth-ranked vendors, combined; Amdocs is highlighted as the only product vendor in the top six that offers product-agnostic professional services, similar to those of typical system integrators.
- Analysys Mason also ranks3 Amdocs as the global leader in the order management product-related market with an estimated market share of 13 percent; this report highlights the importance of order management as part of an end-to-end approach for the delivery of digital services over virtualized networks and calls out Amdocs for taking this approach with customers deploying network functions virtualization (NFV); report goes on to recognize Amdocs’ heavy investment in adapting its service fulfilment portfolio for the NFV environment and says that in 2016 Amdocs carried out the most development in this area compared to other vendors; it also ranks Amdocs as the market-share leader in service fulfilment product-related services with an estimated market share of 14 percent.
- Frost & Sullivan’s Stratecast ranks4 Amdocs global market-share leader in the overall monetization market for the ninth consecutive year with an estimated market share of 19 percent. Stratecast also recognizes5 Amdocs as the global market-share leader in the billing and charging sub-segment, with an estimated market share of 21 percent.
- Frost & Sullivan’s Stratecast finds6 Amdocs to have “the most well-articulated microservices story so far within the CSP operational domain”, highlighting Amdocs’ investment in decomposing care and commerce domains in order to improve service providers’ agility and enable them to offer new digital experiences of the type and pace of digital-native companies.
- Amdocs also wins the “2017 Frost & Sullivan Asia-Pacific Telecom OSS/BSS Vendor of the Year award”, presented to Amdocs for its best-in-class performance in this region and for its product innovation leadership, enabling service providers’ digital transformations through highly reliable solutions and the introduction of a microservices approach that offers business flexibility and enables rapid upgrades and implementations.
- Amdocs also wins the 2017 MEF Proof of Concept Gold Award, alongside three major international multi-play carriers and partners, for a jointly-developed showcase of NFV-centric intra and intercarrier orchestration across multiple service provider networks. The showcase demonstrated network ability to scale connectivity and cloud services on demand, while providing automated intercarrier connectivity using LSO APIs.
“These analyst reports call out technology readiness and the delivery capabilities required to take the industry to next-generation IT architectures,” said Anthony Goonetilleke, group president of Amdocs Technology. “In this rapidly evolving landscape, service provider approaches to product development and delivery will need to change and become open, microservices-based and DevOps-ready to enable innovation at the pace of digital-native players.”
“However, this won’t happen overnight. Interim, hybrid-model expertise is required in order to handle this transition while dealing with the underlying complexity of existing legacy architecture. We are happy to be recognized by leading industry analysts for our considerable investment in this area, allowing us to undertake the full breadth of digital transformation initiatives, including large transformations that others find too challenging,” added Goonetilleke.
1 Heavy Reading report: OSS/BSS Vendor Landscape: Industry Outlook & Company Analysis, May 2017
2 Analysys Mason report: Revenue Management Systems: Worldwide Market Shares 2016, July 2017
3 Analysys Mason report: Service fulfillment systems: Worldwide market shares 2016, June 2017
4 Stratecast report: Global CSP Monetization 2017 Edition Part 1: End-to-End CSP Monetization Market Drivers, Forecast, Market Share, Delivery Model, and Requirements Analysis, July 2017
5 Stratecast report: Global CSP Monetization 2017 Edition Part 3: Rating and Charging and Other Core Billing Market Forecast and Market Share Analysis, Sept 2017
6 Stratecast report: Microservices: A Role Player in the Cloud-Native Architecture, Oct 2017
Keep up with Amdocs news by visiting the company’s website
Amdocs is a leading software and services provider to the world’s most successful communications and media companies. As our customers reinvent themselves, we enable their digital and network transformation through innovative solutions, delivery expertise and intelligent operations. Amdocs and its 25,000 employees serve customers in over 85 countries. Listed on the NASDAQ Global Select Market, Amdocs had revenue of $3.9 billion in fiscal 2017. For more information, visit Amdocs at www.amdocs.com.