Nokia and Three Ireland sign five-year contract to upgrade radio access network operations
- Nokia to simplify and centralize Three Ireland’s radio access network operations covering multi-vendor technologies
- Nokia will provide its managed services expertise including its state-of-the-art Global Network Operations Center in Portugal alongside in-country management
- Upgrading will deliver new efficiencies and cost savings for Three Ireland and enable highest service quality for its customers
May 17, 2016
Dublin, Ireland – Nokia and Three Ireland have signed a five-year managed services contract under which Nokia will manage all of Three Ireland’s multi-technology, multi-vendor radio access network operations.
The agreement is the result of Three Ireland choosing to upgrade the operations of its newly expanded radio access network by working with a single managed service supplier. Nokia will offer a simplified management structure across all equipment, from different vendors, using its innovative network management tools, processes and expertise.
Nokia will also leverage the leading network management expertise of its Global Delivery Center in Lisbon, Portugal. From this central location, Nokia will provide real-time remote support to manage the new consolidated radio network, enabling additional network technologies to be implemented quickly to deliver the highest quality of service for Three Ireland’s customers. In addition, Nokia will provide local in-country management to ensure that the customer communication is seamless.
This agreement extends the company’s existing network management contract. Nokia will also extend its NetAct operations support system to intelligently capture and process relevant network insights, providing full visibility and advanced network management across the expanded network.
Click to Tweet: @Nokia, @ThreeIreland sign 5-year managed services contract to upgrade operations http://nokia.ly/1R0WtrQ
David Hennessy, Chief Technology Officer at Three Ireland, said: “We are committed to delivering the best possible service for our customers. By moving to one managed services supplier across our radio access network, we will have a more transparent structure, simplifying operations and enhancing network performance.”
John Ward, customer business team head, Hutchison UK and Ireland at Nokia, said: “Nokia is very pleased to continue our long standing relationship with Three Ireland. With this deal we show our strength in multi-vendor managed services and our ability to swiftly implement the centralized managed services infrastructure that many operators want to achieve. By choosing Nokia’s service, Three Ireland can ensure that its customers receive the highest network availability and best quality service.”
Did you know?
· 52 percent of operators are implementing a centralized managed services infrastructure and 23 percent are considering moving toward this. 73 percent of operators want to utilize managed services expertise to help them with this transition.*
- Nokia Managed Services has a full set of consolidation services to help operators transform network operations, including operations assessment and NOC consolidation services
- Besides consolidation services, Nokia Managed Services also offers Virtualized Operations, XaaS models, Managed Security and Network desk for loyalty scores.
· Webpage: Nokia Consolidation Services
Connect with Nokia:
· Subscribe to receive our product news alerts
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. Powered by the innovation of Bell Labs and Nokia Technologies, the company is at the forefront of creating and licensing the technologies that are increasingly at the heart of our connected lives.
With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. http://nokia.com