Nokia announces strategic collaboration with Amazon Web Services to enable easier transition to the cloud
19 October 2017
- Nokia will support service providers in their migration to AWS with a complete suite of services
- Nokia and AWS to collaborate on 5G use cases for service providers
- Nokia to bring disruptive IoT applications for large enterprise customers using AWS services
- Nokia and AWS to bring Nuage Networks SD-WAN services to AWS enterprise customers
Espoo, Finland – Nokia today announced a strategic collaboration with Amazon Web Services, Inc. (AWS) that will accelerate the migration of service provider applications to the cloud and drive digital innovation for large enterprise customers.
On their journey to achieve the performance and flexibility brought by cloud technologies, Communication Service Providers (CSPs) and Enterprises need solutions to address the connectivity needs of cloud-based applications such as optimizing latency, virtualized network and routing services, and solutions for the Internet of Things (IoT). Nokia and AWS are working together to bring a unique and powerful set of solutions that will enable service providers to implement cloud strategies faster leveraging Nokia’s expertise in wireless, wireline and 5G technologies. Large enterprises require fully managed connectivity to access cloud infrastructure, and fully integrated IoT and analytics solutions to enhance their productivity and ease of digitalization. The two companies will work to deliver differentiated solutions using Nokia SD-WAN and its IMPACT IoT platform in combination with AWS Greengrass, machine learning and artificial intelligence services.
The scope of the agreement announced today covers four areas of collaboration:
- Nokia will support service providers in their AWS implementation strategy with a complete suite of services including consulting, design, integration, migration and operation for infrastructure and applications.
- Nokia and AWS will work together to generate new 5G and Edge Cloud strategies and guidance for customers including reference architectures that enable both service providers and enterprises to benefit.
- Nokia and AWS are working to bring an improved user experience for Nuage Networks SD-WAN customers who use AWS. Enterprises can benefit from this seamless integration with AWS and launch secure branch connectivity in hybrid environments with “Single Pane of Glass” capabilities.
- Finally, the companies are commercializing IoT use cases with AWS Greengrass, Amazon Machine Learning, Nokia Multi-access Edge Computing (MEC) and Nokia IMPACT platform.
Kathrin Buvac, Nokia’s Chief Strategy Officer, said: “The 4th Industrial Revolution requires a tighter integration between the IT and networking infrastructure worlds. Our collaboration with AWS will accelerate the migration of service provider applications to the cloud and enable us to forge new opportunities together by delivering on next-generation connectivity and cloud services. This is a wide-ranging collaboration, spanning our services capabilities in application migration, SD-WAN from Nuage Networks, 5G, and IoT, allowing new growth opportunities for our top customers across both the service provider and large enterprise market segments.”
Terry Wise, Global Vice President of Channels and Alliances, Amazon Web Services, Inc., said: “Service providers are accelerating their migration to AWS in order to drive innovation for their customers and deliver lower total cost of IT to their organizations. We are excited to partner with Nokia to accelerate cloud transformation for service providers, and enable the digital transformation journey for our mutual large enterprise customers.”
We create the technology to connect the world. Powered by the research and innovation of Nokia Bell Labs, we serve communications service providers, governments, large enterprises and consumers, with the industry’s most complete, end-to-end portfolio of products, services and licensing.
From the enabling infrastructure for 5G and the Internet of Things, to emerging applications in virtual reality and digital health, we are shaping the future of technology to transform the human experience. nokia.com