Nokia launches analytics to predict network capacity needs and protect IPTV service quality #MWC16
- New capabilities mean operators introducing new services can speed up network capacity planning by 60 %
- IPTV service quality monitoring can reduce service-related complaints by 50 %
- Launches show strength of Nokia’s new Applications & Analytics business group
4 February, 2016
Espoo, Finland – Nokia is introducing two separate analytics capabilities for operators to ensure the proper network capacity to support new services and maintain the highest quality IPTV service. These launches from Nokia’s new Applications & Analytics business group underline Nokia’s leadership in network analytics.
Capacity Advisor for Nokia Performance Manager (NPM) analyzes past and present network use data to predict the network capacity operators will need to keep up with growth in service usage when launching a service or marketing campaign. Operators can create ‘what-if’ scenarios to identify capacity bottlenecks and plan capacity upgrades in the right locations at the right time without disrupting the customer experience.
Nokia Service Quality Manager (SQM) for IPTV lets operators rapidly identify and fix IPTV service issues 50 % more quickly to halve the number of service-related customer complaints. Operators can see on one dashboard the quality of the IPTV service they are delivering and automatically prioritize corrective actions and avoid unnecessary site visits.
Applications & Analytics Portfolio enhancements at a glance:
Capacity Advisor for NPM utilizes the historical network data to help operators prepare for the future network capacity needs. NPM combines capacity reports and predictions in one tool and applies automated workflows, rules and recommendations for capacity optimization. NPM geographical visualization helps operators easily pinpoint problematic regions and check capacity using intuitive map controls.
SQM for IPTV uses real-time automated tools and prioritizes corrective actions when the customer experience or the operator’s business is affected, which results in up to 20 % fewer site visits.
Bhaskar Gorti, President of Applications & Analytics, at Nokia said: “Our Analytics portfolio helps operators focus on their customers. By combining intelligent analytics engines and Nokia’s deep expertise in operating, optimizing and delivering multivendor, multitechnology networks, we deliver top network and service quality along with the ability to take action quickly. Today’s launch of new capabilities for Nokia Performance Manager includes thousands of off-the-shelf KPIs and reports based on real operational cases. We also enhance Service Quality Manager, which provides a global market blueprint for Service Operations Centers (SOC). With these we are underscoring our commitment to bringing innovative products and solutions to the network analytics space.”
Today’s other launches at a glance:
- Nokia Network desk for Loyalty Scores reveals hidden issues affecting customer satisfaction. It unearths buried network quality issues that affect customer loyalty, and tracks loyalty scores and analyzes cell level data to improve network performance, customer satisfaction and loyalty. Read more
- Traffica Geo integrates to Customer Care systems, allowing the operator to see down to a very granular view where the subscriber was located when they experienced their issue and what is happening in that area. Read more
- Zone applications is a solution that amplifies event visitors’ experience and enhances operations and safety in the venue while making money for both the venue owner and operators. Read more
Did you know?
Globally, 27% of mobile suscribers receive complimentary products or services from their main mobile operator. Consumers who receive value-added services are more likely to stay with their mobile operator than consumers who do not. Consumers who receive value-added services consume more data and tend to reach their data limit before the end of the month, as opposed to consumers who do not receive these services.*
- Capacity Advisor for Nokia Performance Manager webpage with infographic
- Service Quality Manager for IPTV webpage with infographic
- Click to download high resolution infographics of Capacity Advisor for Nokia Performance Manager and Service Quality Manager
TAGS: analytics, Operations Support System, Customer Experience Management, MWC 16
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. Powered by the innovation of Bell Labs and Nokia Technologies, the company is at the forefront of creating and licensing the technologies that are increasingly at the heart of our connected lives.
With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. http://nokia.com