NXP, Leedarson and GreenWave Reality Illuminate the Home with Advanced Smart Lighting Solution
NXP’s GreenChipTM-smart lighting technology enables energy efficient lighting
Singapore, October 27, 2011 – NXP Semiconductors (NASDAQ: NXPI), GreenWave Reality and Leedarson Lighting will be demonstrating a smart lighting solution with a wide-range of intelligent CFL, LED lamps and fixtures at the Hong Kong International Lighting Fair. NXP’s GreenChipTM smart lighting technology using IP-based JenNet-IP (6LowPAN based) networking software is at the heart of this solution that transforms light bulbs into intelligent, controllable devices making them part of the global Internet of Things. NXP has established itself as a leading intelligent lighting technology provider by offering a scalable and secure, industry-standard solution leveraging a comprehensive partner ecosystem.
NXP is working with GreenWave Reality, a global innovator in smart home services, who has developed a breakthrough connected lighting platform that enables consumers to control their lighting within the home via remote control, smartphone applications or in-home sensors that detect changes in motion or lighting conditions, all without requiring any rewiring of the home. The result is that consumers can have complete control over their lighting with the ability to remotely turn lights on and off, and dim them, empowering them to reduce energy costs and improve their lifestyle.
Leedarson Lighting, a leading manufacturer of energy-saving lighting products and shipping more than 23 million top quality CFL, LED lamps and fixtures each month, utilizes GreenChip and GreenWave Reality technology in its currently available products: A19, BR20, MR16, downlight, LED tubes and panels. Leedarson Lighting is committed to further development of its smart lighting products through continued research and production of remote controllable lights for most of its product lines.
During the Hong Kong International Lighting Fair, held October 27-30, 2011, NXP, GreenWave Reality and Leedarson Lighting (Booth 1C-C16) will showcase the intelligent lighting solution running approximately 50 smart, connected bulbs. The booth will also feature a Smart Lighting showcase that will include a Smart Home, Smart Hotel, Smart Shop and Smart Office. Additionally, the smart lighting solution will be on display at the NXP booth (5B-C17) in the Hong Kong Convention Centre.
Leedarson’s smart lighting enabled products will be available in early first quarter 2012.
· NXP’s GreenChip smart lighting solution brings together wireless IP connectivity using NXP”s 6LowPAN based networking software, JenNet-IP, energy-efficient lighting and low standby power in a compact, low-cost solution, which enables new ways to control lights and manage energy consumption.
· The GreenChip smart lighting solution is available in two versions – GreenChip iCFL for compact fluorescents and GreenChip iSSL for LEDs – and currently includes:
o The GreenChip iCFL or GreenChip iSSL chipsets, which function as highly efficient, dimmable drivers for smart lamps
o An ultra-low-power standby supply controller with 10mW no-load capability; Standby power is particularly critical in smart lighting applications where lamps are continuously “listening” for the command from the user and/or network
o An IEEE 802.15.4 standard-compatible integrated RF transceiver and wireless microcontroller with a Tx/Rx current below 17mA
o Low-power, IP-based wireless connectivity enabled by JenNET-IP network layer software
· The GreenWave Reality Intelligent Lighting Platform runs on iPhone, iPad and Android devices – as well as the GreenWave Reality Lighting Remote Control – allowing for improved consumer lifestyle by way of intuitive, easy-to-use, interfaces that are part of the company’s affordable, standards-based smart home services platform.
· Leedarson Lighting is designing GreenChip and GreenWave Reality smart lighting technology into its CFL, LED lamps and fixtures product lines.
· Leedarson Lighting is utilizing the smart lighting solution as an intelligent energy management solution for residential lighting and commercial lighting – which provides the user with complete control over their lighting enabling them to remotely turn lights on and off. Additionally, the solution will be integrated with smart grid technology currently being developed in many countries, contributing to the optimization of intelligent power grids around the world.
· The smart lighting wireless control network is based on JenNet-IP, an ultra-low power 6LoWPAN mesh-under tree network with low memory footprint, specifically targeting low-power IEEE 802.15.4-based networking for residential and commercial applications.
· “Smart Lighting networks will revolutionize how we interact with lights and I’m excited that NXPs GreenChip smart lighting technology is at the forefront of this change,” said Stéphane Curral, vice president and business line manager, power and lighting solutions, NXP Semiconductors. “Leedarson’s new smart lighting products combined with GreenWave Reality’s platform will transform consumer’s lighting experiences today, enabling users to control light bulbs to reflect their personal preferences. Our smart lighting solutions offer advanced energy-efficient lighting and power conversion technologies in a compact, low-cost solution, ideally priced for mass market adoption.”
· “Consumers now can easily and cost-effectively reduce their energy consumption associated with lighting, saving them money, enhancing their lifestyles, and making a positive impact on the environment,” said Greg Memo, CEO, GreenWave Reality. “GreenWave Reality – in conjunction with NXP and Leedarson – redefines lighting by providing an advanced control and management solution built on a scalable, IP-based platform.”
· “At Leedarson Lighting, our primary goal is to provide customers with the most efficient, scalable, reliable and affordable lighting solutions. Smart lighting networks allow consumers and businesses to take energy management and conservation one step further through active management and control of their lighting networks,” said George Xu, deputy general manager of Leedarson Lighting. “Leedarson Lighting is responsible for the production of terminal products and actual application in lighting management, empowered by lighting technology from NXP and intelligent lighting platform from GreenWave Reality”.
Reference designs using GreenChip smart lighting solutions are available immediately from NXP. Further information is available at: http://www.nxp.com/greenchip
About NXP Semiconductors
NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ: NXPI) provides High Performance Mixed Signal and Standard Product solutions that leverage its leading RF, Analog, Power Management, Interface, Security and Digital Processing expertise. These innovations are used in a wide range of automotive, identification, wireless infrastructure, lighting, industrial, mobile, consumer and computing applications. A global semiconductor company with operations in more than 25 countries, NXP posted revenue of $4.4 billion in 2010. Additional information can be found by visiting www.nxp.com.
About GreenWave Reality
GreenWave Reality is a global innovator in the emerging Smart Home Services market including energy management and visualization, intelligent, connected lighting, home monitoring, and other advanced services. GreenWave Reality provides an affordable, easy-to-use, standards-based platform that allows utilities, service providers and retailers to enhance their relationship with consumers and better balance energy on the grid while consumers can conserve energy with a minimal impact to their lifestyle by easily monitoring and controlling their appliances, connected lighting and home monitoring services. GreenWave Reality’s funding is led by Craton Equity Partners, a Los Angeles-based cleantech fund, and has also received support from the Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB). GreenWave Reality has offices worldwide including Copenhagen, Denmark, Irvine, and Singapore.
Make a difference now!
About Leedarson Lighting
Leedarson Lighting is committed to offer end-to-end private label services in energy saving lighting. By strong vertical integration in lighting industry value chain, Leedarson can keep costs down, shorten delivery time, and offer excellent after-sales service. With decades of experience in lighting and business running in more than 100 countries and areas, Leedarson Lighting provides industry leadership in:
1. First-rate services for chain stores and top lighting companies
2. Strategic alliances with patented LED device partners. Through close corporation with international famous LED device suppliers, Leedarson Lighting offers the products with more competitive price and unique design with intellectual property protection
3. Unmatched R&D capabilities with keen market sense to produce excellent optical design, thermal design and outlook design.