Communications Service Providers Streamline B2B Offer Delivery with Enhanced Oracle Communications Rapid Offer Design and Order Delivery
Solution helps improve implementation, operations, new-offer creation, revenue control, and the overall user experience via software updates including productized integrations from Oracle Application Integration Architecture for communications
REDWOOD SHORES, Calif. – April 1, 2015
When the world’s largest corporations need communications services, the orders can be complex—often spanning thousands of locations, using multiple types of equipment, and requiring hundreds of people worldwide to help coordinate delivery. But traditional order capture, management, and fulfillment processes and systems can’t handle this complexity cost-effectively. Instead, communications service providers (CSPs) need an integrated approach for design and order delivery that quickly responds to changing business demands while keeping overhead low. Oracle Communications offers an award-winning solution to this problem with its proven Oracle Communications Rapid Offer Design and Order Delivery solution, which has recently been updated with several new releases of its products.
Oracle Communications Rapid Offer Design and Order Delivery now enables:
- Enhanced user experience and increased productivity. The solution facilitates an easier order creation process with added automation and more-personalized interfaces that have new capabilities—drag-and-drop bulk ordering for corporate SIM card swaps or plan changes, simplified capture for large orders (up to 6,000 lines), automated contract lifecycle management, and automated customer-order-to-service-order translation and calculation.
- Faster, easier offer design and rollout. Product catalog and pricing design is integrated and consistent across the entire lead-to-cash cycle, including expanded offer promotion capabilities and an enhanced library of components for faster product/service modeling.
- Improved revenue visibility and control. The solution offers new billing insight dashboards to help spot trends and anomalies, supports automatic synchronization of complex account hierarchies across customer relationship management and revenue management systems, and enables CSPs to assign the payment responsibility to any level the customer requests, such as a headquarters, regional or branch office, or retail store.
- Streamlined solution deployment. CSPs can now install the full Oracle Communications Rapid Offer Design and Order Delivery solution, load sample data, and test end-to-end flows in as little as five days. This is made possible with new scripts in the managed installation kit and sample data provided by the reference implementation, which is based on industry best practices.
- Simplified operations management. Oracle Application Management Pack for Oracle Communications enables CSPs to streamline daily operations both horizontally across the entire collection of solution components and vertically from application to disk. Oracle Application Management Pack for Oracle Communications provides management dashboards for monitoring system health, performance enhancements to better handle the scale and complexity of business services, and full visibility into the solution’s entire product stack.
“This new version of Oracle Communications Rapid Offer Design and Order Delivery enables CSPs to get to the next level of productivity. It is the result of six software product releases over the past eight months, and we believe the expanded process integration packs will bring exponential value and drive out even more cost and complexity,” said Liam Maxwell, vice president of products for Oracle Communications.
Oracle Communications Rapid Offer Design and Order Delivery solution is composed of several products, many of which were recently updated. Among them are: Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management, Oracle Customer Experience Applications, Oracle Communications Order and Service Management, Oracle Application Management Pack for Oracle Communications, and Oracle Application Integration Architecture 11.4 for communications, which offers prebuilt and supported integrations tailored for the communications industry. Oracle Communications Rapid Offer Design and Order Delivery was the first to receive TM Forum’s Frameworx Solution Certification for standards compliance and earned the TM Forum Solution Excellence Award in 2014.
“We’ve evaluated the capabilities and successes of Oracle Communications Rapid Offer Design and Order Delivery in the marketplace since its beginning in 2009,” said Mark Mortensen, BSS practice head of Analysys Mason. “It’s important to see the solution expand its footprint to further tame the most complex B2B orders, which are known in CSP operations circles as some of the most daunting management and opex challenges.”
To learn more about Oracle Communications Rapid Offer Design and Order Delivery and other Oracle Communications solutions, please connect on Twitter @OracleComms and on facebook.com/oraclecommunications.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE:ORCL), visit oracle.com.