Palo Alto Networks Again Revolutionizes Enterprise Security with the Introduction of Advanced Endpoint Protection Offering
– Offers Preventative Approach to Stop Cyber Threats at the Endpoint
SANTA CLARA, California, Sept. 30, 2014 – Palo Alto Networks® (NYSE: PANW), the leader in enterprise security, today announced the availability of Traps, a revolutionary and unique Advanced Endpoint Protection offering designed to prevent sophisticated cyber attacks on endpoints, sparing IT security teams from cumbersome remediation, patching, and often futile recovery scrambles.
Despite major advances in network security, endpoints remain vulnerable to many advanced attacks, especially as increasingly mobile workforces move outside protected enterprise networks. Legacy endpoint security products require prior knowledge of a threat in order to prevent it, or worse, use an approach that only identifies a new threat after it has compromised the endpoint.
This reactive model results in a never-ending chase after the thousands of new malware attacks that emerge each day, as well as the expanding number of software vulnerabilities that can be used to exploit an endpoint. These approaches offer little hope or possibility of recovering data that has already been hijacked by an attacker. Putting an end to the reactive run around, Traps proactively prevents attacks on the endpoint, including unknown malware and zero-day exploits, before they do any damage.
- “The key differentiator with Traps is its ability to automate the process of protecting the endpoint. Most of the products in the industry today largely deal with informing us that there’s a problem and little more; that leaves us to manually deal with the effort of remediating the endpoint, takes time and leaves us vulnerable. With Traps, that is done automatically and it is done nearly instantaneously, which is a major win.”
— Golan Ben-Oni, CSO and SVP Network Architecture, IDT
- “The proven effectiveness of the Traps endpoint capability over other heuristic and signature-based approaches, together with Palo Alto Networks WildFire and next-generation firewall, makes the secure enablement of our entire business possible.”
— Dr. Andres Rohr of RWE Supply & Trading
- “With the introduction of Traps, we are redefining the endpoint security market much like we did the network security market with our next-generation firewall. Traps and our platform as a whole are designed to revolutionize enterprise security by putting prevention front and center, closing the door on cyber threats before they can get in and cause damage.”
— Lee Klarich, senior vice president of Product Management at Palo Alto Networks
Since the acquisition of Cyvera and the technology behind Traps, Palo Alto Networks has expanded global support and services operations to meet enterprise customer needs, and completed several key enhancements, including:
- Integration with Palo Alto Networks WildFire – Traps blocks malware by leveraging the full knowledge of Palo Alto Networks Threat Intelligence Cloud;
- Added exploitation and malware prevention modules – extends Traps support to include the latest attack techniques; and
- Enhanced forensics – provides a rich set of reporting for better visibility and understanding of attacks that were prevented.
Natively Integrated Platform Extends Protection Enterprise-wide
The integration of Traps with the Palo Alto Networks Threat Intelligence Cloud brings security of the network and endpoint together under a single common architecture, known as the Palo Alto Networks enterprise security platform, and delivers unparalleled enterprise-wide security and automated threat prevention capabilities, reducing risk across an organization at every stage in the attack kill chain. It also eliminates management complexity and myopic point product-related security silos that can leave gaping holes in an organization’s security posture.
Traps Advanced Endpoint Protection, offered as a subscription service, is available now from authorized Palo Alto Networks channel partners. The offering is inclusive of all functionality including exploit prevention, malware prevention through WildFire integration, forensics, and premium support.
To learn more about Traps Advanced Endpoint Protection from Palo Alto Networks, visit:
- The Traps microsite: http://go.paloaltonetworks.com/traps
- The Palo Alto Networks blog: http://researchcenter.paloaltonetworks.com/2014/09/traps-advanced-endpoint-protection
About Palo Alto Networks
Palo Alto Networks is leading a new era in cybersecurity by protecting thousands of enterprise, government, and service provider networks from cyber threats. Unlike fragmented legacy products, our security platform safely enables business operations and delivers protection based on what matters most in today’s dynamic computing environments: applications, users, and content. Find out more at www.paloaltonetworks.com.