Appear TV Launches New Unified XC Series chassis’ to extend its Lead in Modular flexible Head-Ends
Oslo, Norway – 4 June, 2013
Appear TV, a leading global provider of next-generation head-ends for broadcast and IP television, today announced that ANGA (stand: 10.1/T10) will see the launch of its new 4RU (XC5000) and 1RU (XC5100) head-end chassis’.
The key driver of the Appear TV success has been its modular head-end design philosophy, which provides operators with solutions that maximize functionality, customization and flexibility. Appear TV central head-ends are generally based on a 4RU chassis, while the 1RU chassis’ tend to be deployed in ‘edge-ends’. The new chassis’ combine up-rated hot-swappable dual power supplies and enhanced cooling with advanced N+1, N+M redundancy capability, improved statistical multiplexing and true multi-platform multicasting capabilities in a single open standard head-end managed by a single User interface.
Appear TV produces a range of modules that are inserted into a chassis to provide head-ends of incredible power and flexibility. Modules include: audio leveling, decoding, encoding/transcoding for all screen delivery, comprehensive I/O interfaces, multiplexing, modulation, redundancy, scrambling/de-scrambling and switching for Cable, Satellite, Terrestrial and IP Network delivery.
“With all our head-end solutions being unified in the XC Series 1RU and 4RU chassis’, it further simplifies the product lines whilst this important upgrade development enables far higher density and increased functionality and performance to be achieved providing our customers greater diversity in one platform to address future trends in broadcasting,” said Carl Walter Holst, CEO, Appear TV.
“There is a lot of work that goes into designing our chassis’ and the modules that populate them. For our customers, this modular design approach provides a number of major advantages. We can build head-ends to completely match customer requirements; customers can launch new functionality simply through adding new modules and it is relatively straightforward to re-purpose an existing head-end for a completely different task; all of which increases an operator’s head-end ROI. Simply put, our design philosophy means that we’ve done all the hard work to make our customers’ lives as simple as possible!” concluded Holst.
The advanced features of Appear TV head-end modules include:
· Central, regional & edge of network capable head-end solutions for cable, terrestrial, satellite & IP based delivery networks
· Fully integrated & versatile modular platform architecture allows operators to customise and scale the head-end for today and tomorrow
· Comprehensive I/0 signal interfaces with powerful Transport Stream processing capability & multiplexing
· High density decoding & descrambling for redistribution and service grooming
· Higher order modulation for all carriers & high capacity IP streaming
· Broadcast quality, high channel density multi format transcoding & encoding
· Multiple-level redundancy and hot swap functionality integrated in 1 or 4RU carrier class chassis incorporating a web-based control UI.
About Appear TV
Appear TV is based in Oslo, Norway. The company produces world-class equipment that enables operators to deliver professional broadcast services to millions of users around the globe. The company is dedicated to developing reliable, revenue-generating and innovative solutions for operators looking to deliver real-time content to the home. Appear TV head-ends are designed for modularity, high density, and flexibility. www.appeartv.com